Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You're right dear, I only have $100 worth of fabric...hah! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/youre-right-dear-i-only-have-%24100-worth-fabric-hah-t87346.html)

owie 01-04-2011 02:52 PM

I will have to get the camera out and take pictures. That is too funny.

delores wright 01-04-2011 03:07 PM

my dh said a few years ago why do you need more fabric you have a semi truck load now. i quicky replied .you have a roof over your head don't you. i know that was bad,but since i spent my own money on it i didn't see why he had a gripe.dj

theresa.redington 01-04-2011 03:27 PM

Luckily, MDOH never has asked of yet!

callie 01-04-2011 03:37 PM

I have throughly enjoyed this. My DH was with me about a year ago when I bought some thread and he about dropped his teeth when he realized just how much embroidery thread I have. He knew the cost of my machines, which is close to $10,000, but he had absolutely no idea how much I had in embroidery thread. Now add my stash to that and oh my gosh. He never complained tho and even gave me $500 a year ago for Christmas specifically for material. He loved to see my quilts and really appreciated - but then his grandmother quilted and he never ever complained about my stash. We built his shop tools up one at a time and he figured I deserved stuff to quilt with. He was certainly a blessing! Now off to figure out what I've got and get an insurance agent too. LOL

craftymatt2 01-04-2011 03:42 PM

WOW, I had to do the same thing, I got busted and had to take a picture of it all with the yardages. I was ticked. I have a lot of fabric and notions some of the fabric is still on the bolts with ten to fifteen yards on them, I truly have a lot.

qnana 01-04-2011 04:09 PM

Love this forum! I never considered insurance on all my goodies, and that is a BIG oversight. After 40 yrs of collecting, goodness knows what all is there. I just think value in terms of my machines, not all the other tools, thread, beads, material, etc. All my DH tools from his workshop were stolen a few years ago, and it was nearly impossible to value them for the adjustor. I know he lost thousands by just guessing. I'm absolutely going to inventory when I winter/clean my sewing space and take pictures as I go. Thanks for the idea!

KyKaren1949 01-04-2011 04:15 PM

Yikes! I'd hate to have to do that. You poor dear! Is he still able to speak??? LOL

fabricfairy 01-04-2011 04:37 PM

I work a few causal hour in a lovely linen shop, I tell all the customers it is fabric money ....some just look and smile some want to know more , I tell them I quilt and it is a uncontrollable passion , one lady looked at me and sed she understands she has it to . Cathy

Annz 01-04-2011 04:46 PM

I like the way you started this off. I don't think I could tell a non quilter what my precious stash and notions are worth. I mean I would not want them to know how much money has been spent. Yikes!!!

whitediamond00 01-04-2011 04:55 PM

I'm for more quilting and less cooking!!!