Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Problem with bobbin case???? >

Problem with bobbin case????

Problem with bobbin case????

Old 12-20-2011, 06:56 AM

I have 2 Janome's,and I have had the same problem with both.I have the quilters companion and the Horizon.The horizon is back in the shop for the 2nd time in a month and the machine is less than a year old.I am so mad I could spit nails.I found a nic on the QC and filed it out but it still jumps out occ.I have been oiling it but I will try to do that on a sch. and see if it makes a difference.Wish I could help but it is nice to know it is not operator error since others are having the same problem.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:09 AM

I don't know if this will help, but when the 11000 first came out the little part that sticks out and holds the bobbin case in
sometimes has to be adjusted a little bit to keep the case from spinning out. I would ask my dealer about it.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:22 AM

I oiled it and haven't had a problem since. I am so thankful for you guys. I just knew I was going to take it to the repair shop. You are all great. Thanks for your input. So glad it was minor.
Marian
Old 12-27-2011, 11:31 AM

Please try another bobbin and see if this is the issue with a fresh bobbin...You may have a slight burr on the bobbin that keeps giving you problems.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:36 AM

This just happened to me a couple nights ago. I finalized discovered, after at least a half hour of messing with it, that my upper thread had jumped/came out of the uptake lever. When it happens again, reseat the bobbin case, then rethread the top thread. Hope that helps.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Shelbie View Post
It's not the lint under the case causing the trouble (although that might help somewhat). It's the oil wick that dries out in that little hole under the bobbin case. It makes a huge difference!!! It doesn't seem to dry out on every Janome, just some of them. One drop of oil in that place will probably fix your problems. Since I now keep that spot oiled in addition to the places mentioned in the manual, I have had no more trouble.
I bought the 6600 a few months back and when I went to fmq, it jammed and jumped over and over again. I was so frustrated. I also went on the yahoo Janome website and read about oiling the little wick. I did this and it worked fine. My dealer said I would not have to oil my machine, I found out thats not true.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:19 PM

Also if you are using regular thread spools, someone mentioned the little cut that holds the thread when not sewing, when it is on the machine, it needs to be facing the right side of the machine or the thread will get caught in it.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Power Poster

That little wick thing by the bobbin case seems to be a culprit so often -

and why don't the instruction books mention the thing????????
Old 12-27-2011, 04:36 PM

My bobbin case problems plagued me for a year before I found out about that**** little wick hole. What was even more frustrating was the Janome dealer who didn't seem to know about it and kept blaming it on "Operator Error" which frustrated me even more. I was treated like an inept Newbie who had never touched a machine before and I had been a sewer since I was nine and had used numerous machines. My Janome 6500 is now stitching properly but does not stitch nearly as well as my 1947 201 Singer or my #1+ Husqvarna. My Janome cost me $2100 and my Singer and Husqvarna were $200 together so it isn't the money you spend which results in the best machine.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:00 PM

I spoke to soon when I said that after I oiled it I had no more problems! The oiling helped but the ------------- thing is still jumping out, now breaking needles, sounds like a freight train! Got to get a new bobbin holder. Hope it doesn't ruin the new one!