Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Purchasing from blog sites >

Purchasing from blog sites

Purchasing from blog sites

Old 03-27-2010, 06:16 PM

PayPal always! Sorry about your purchase. Hope it wasn't a scam.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:49 PM

Glad so many of you are having good Pay Pal experiences, but do be careful--my #1 son--a tech savvy, security conscious INCESSANT online shopper who only uses macs--had his Pay Pal account hacked. he eventually got his money back but I got stuck with $37 in phone bills to some place in the midwest--apparently PayPal doesn't offer a toll-free number.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:40 PM

Something similar happened to me quite a while ago. The person insisted that they had sent my packgae but it didn't show up, and they claimed that maybe it was delivered to someone else. They said they had a tracking number for it. I explained that I lived in a small rural area and knew the mail lady personally and she knew all of us, and she whould know who got my package. I asked for the tracking number and without an email or explaination, my money was refunded.
I definatly would follow up on this, because if she did it to you, she will do it to others. $30.00 may not be a lot to you, but it's the principle of the thing. She needs to not get away with being dishonest and she is probably counting on your not doing anything about this. You could check with your bank and see if they can return your check to her and reverse the $30 from her account. I think the deadline is 6 months or something like that. It's worth a try.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:23 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss. I live outside the USA and have discovered it is a risk using the different national postal mailing systems. Norwegian mail, for example, has no clue what an American "registered letter" means. The private systems are more secure, but so much more expensive!

I agree with the Paypal system for payment. When someone wants a check payment, it isn't always workable to do so (affordable way) between countries. Paypal account is so easy to set up and transfer payment or money that I can't understand why more people don't do it.

I doubt you will ever see your money come back to you and that's a shame, but I do thank you for the "heads-up" and sharing your experience.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:23 AM
Administrator

mail gets lost. that's a fact of life. it's annoying. it's inconvenient. but if you get your money back that's all it is.

until you have asked for a refund and been refused you don't have a complaint.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:30 PM

When I order online I always have them send it certified so I have to sign for it. That way if it doesnt arrive I ask for a refund.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:56 PM

I was just getting ready to list a few quilt kits on this forum. I've always used Paypal with no problems. I have had problems with the book swap sites but those only cost you postage. You should ask for a refund or at least a request for another shipment/item - $30 is alot of money to some people.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:18 PM

Hi,

With paypal the buyer and the seller are protected. I should have just let it go when she ask for a money order. I have today ask for a full refund.

Will let you all know how it goes. The other times I have purchased off here it went fine.

Sharon
Old 03-29-2010, 02:22 PM

wishing you the best!
Old 03-29-2010, 05:27 PM

i only use paypal for that reason but i would not let it go without letting her know that you are very upset and you would like her to make it right with a refund . who knows she might be running a scam and doing this all the time