Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Purchasing from blog sites >

Purchasing from blog sites

Purchasing from blog sites

Old 03-26-2010, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
The first thought in my mind would be a call to the Better Business Bureau.
This only works in a commercial transaction. If it is just person to person I don't think it would help. A tracking number is available if she sent it via UPS/Fed Ex/DHL. If it was sent thru the mail, it would have had to have been shipped with delivery confirmation. I rarely ship anything without delivery confirmation except that I believe it is not available for international mail. I would ask for proof of shipping; if that can't be provided, I would ask for a refund.

I've sold on eBay for over nine years and have used PayPal that long as well. Never really had too many problems. Have experienced a couple though where it took forever (six weeks or more) for something to arrive by regular mail. That person has since changed their user name because of such bad service. Have one right now for a motorcycle part my husband ordered. All in all, two in over 400 transactions isn't that bad. You should give it another try. There are lots of us honest folks out there!
Old 03-27-2010, 03:17 AM

i would request a refund. she can only say no. it was her responsibility to send it with a confirmation number, everything i sell here,even if it is a $2.00 pattern gets a confirmation number.i do the same with ebay. confirmation is free if you use click and ship (USPS).
this happened to me on ebay, the girl did not get the package i sent, yet the confirm number said it was delivered. i asked her to check with her neighbors to see if it was left with them. after she did that, i gave her a refund.(around $10, for the item, i did not refund the shipping costs) she never left feedback. but i was ok with that. by the way, her feedback had no negatives, so i really think she did not receive it..
when you buy anything,tell them you want a confirmation number. pay the extra 45 cents.

so sorry this turned out the way it did for you..
(i use paypal also)
Old 03-27-2010, 05:29 AM

I haven't had that experience - I'm really leery of purchasing from unknown (to me) sources. In the future PayPal is the way to go. I think I would ask for a refund.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:31 AM

I would be insisting on a refund. You did your part, she didn't do hers--no fault of yours. Who knows what happened. Still, she owes you your money back.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:57 AM

I buy a lot on line- a lot. In the case that is in question here it is suspicious. A pkg. can be traced. I would send her a certified- return receipt requested letter. Maybe a dollar in cost but a lot in satisfaction. 1st ask at the post office.

Now, of course, we are all wondering! Enquiring people need to know.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
I typically try to pay with everything online via paypal. That way if I don't receive my purchase I can get my money back. I send checks very rarely now, if ever. Paypal makes life much easier.
Unfortunately that is not always the case. I purchased an item on ebay for several hundred dollars, and what I got was not what I ordered. The initial communications with the seller seemed hopeful...so sorry she had sent the wrong thing, etc. I ended up filing a claim with PayPal but by then the seller got smart and closed her PayPal account...and pretty much disappeared (most likely changed her ebay/paypal names/accounts so that they couldn't be tracked back to the previous one). I went to Small Claims court and won, but ultimately there was no way to collect because the seller was out-of-state (well, maybe I could have spent more on sheriffs fees but I was exhausted from the effort and gave up).
Old 03-27-2010, 12:30 PM

she should have insured it. it doesn't cost much. then you both would have been covered. it was her responsibility to see that you got what you bought. if she has a problem with that let her take it up with whatever delivery service she used. the fact that she didn't offer you anything back makes me wonder if she actually sent anything. was this a private person or a website selling the book?
Old 03-27-2010, 01:00 PM

Is your seller based in the states? I was told everything CAN be tracked within the U.S. I tried to order a tracking number to another country and was told that could not be done. When in doubt, I insist on tracking. I would have no trouble asking for a refund or at least the receipt that it really was mailed.

I even use tracking when I send media mail to friends so it reaches it's destination quicker.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:58 PM

Same thing happened to me here a little over 2 months ago. The seller wanted a money order, would not accept paypal. The money order cost 1.50, the merchandise 22.00 and to track the money order another 6 bucks.

sharon
Old 03-27-2010, 05:09 PM
joy

I would tell her that you are going to make her name known to others and she has a week to make things right before you do just that... tell her you are on this site...don't give her any more time than that... she will have to do something fast...