Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
QNNtv.com >

QNNtv.com

QNNtv.com

Old 09-06-2008, 08:18 AM

I joined QNNtv through the Quilters Club of America, and I absolutely feel it is worth the money. $24 a year isn't that much, and I like being able to go to exactly the show I want and to see it in full screen. As I purchase books, like an Eleanor Burns book, I can make a note inside the book of the series that covers those projects - and it makes it very easy to find the show when I go to do a specific project.

Skeat, one of the advantages to QNNtv is that the series stay up once they're put on the website; I find that with Quilters TV it is either hit or miss, or it is a pain to find the one you're looking for. I think there may be a legal issue with capturing the video from either of these sites. I feel your pain tho; one of these days I hope to move out into the boondocks, and I know my cable internet will be gone :cry:
Old 09-06-2008, 08:25 AM

Roben...thanks for the info..I've been thinking of the QNN...will defin. check that out more seriously:))Now moving out to the country w/no cable is actually a blessing:))I love it and that comes from a person that use to have full serve cable. If you get desperate, you can do a dish of some type..but in my area doesn't offer quilting unless the rare occassion it would be on hgtv...so, not worth another payment here of $50 to just watch the news from elsewhere:))I love to quilt as I watch these shows and one of these days I will figure out a system in my room to be able to do both from the computer(instead of losing quilting time vs computer-office time). We all have lost our valuable vcr recording buttons w/the new dvds!!:))So, I live for the fons and porter, and sewing w/nancy (even though I don't sew clothes) on saturday mornings here on our local pbs station:))for over an hour I have sewing and a learning station on all at once...that is the life!!:))Skeat