Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
question about digital magazines.... >

question about digital magazines....

question about digital magazines....

Old 01-01-2014, 12:10 PM

Smile question about digital magazines....

If you buy a digital magazine can you print only the patterns/articles/etc. out of them that you want or do you have to print the whole thing? I want a pattern from one but not necessarily the whole magazine. Thanks to anyone who can answer this for me. Hope you all are having a restful and encouraging new year's day. God bless you all!
Old 01-01-2014, 12:12 PM

If you highlight what you want to print, then select the "print" button, then select "selection" it should print only what you highlighted. Good luck and Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2014, 01:20 PM

Also, if you know which pages you want, if you put page numbers in the box, it should print out just the pages that you want. Hope this helps.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Power Poster

I can print individual pages, even send patternsto my Kindle in pdf. Quilters Newsletter is the only one i will renew digitally. It is uncomplicated and has much more online to view for the money. I have frustration with the other digital subscriptions, it's like they hide the link to find it when I want to see back issues.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I can print individual pages, even send patternsto my Kindle in pdf. Quilters Newsletter is the only one i will renew digitally. It is uncomplicated and has much more online to view for the money. I have frustration with the other digital subscriptions, it's like they hide the link to find it when I want to see back issues.
Thanks so much for the help. I will give it a try. Just didn't want to pay for a pattern when the whole magazine is the same price. Here I go!
Old 01-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Power Poster

It may depend on how the digital magazine is delivered.

I like Quilter's World because it is in pdf format, which is easy to save on my hard drive. (Plus they gave me access to something like 12 years of back issues with my subscriptions, all of which I was able to save to my hard drive. This means I have permanent access to the back issues even if I do not renew my subscription.)

Some of the other quilting magazines I checked out had unique systems for digital delivery, which became very confusing. I just don't need more confusion in my life! Also, some magazines are delivered via Zinio:
http://www.zinio.com/whatsnew/ which, as far as I can figure out, is an online reader. I'm not sure if you can print from all of these different delivery systems. I believe with most of them you cannot save the magazine to your hard drive. This always makes me wonder if I will lose access eventually -- for example, if they change delivery methods and I don't keep up with their changes.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:52 PM

I do Quilter's World digitally and love it. If I love something, I save it to my hard drive; if I am SURE I will make it, I might print it out right away, but am trying to cut down on the number of patterns I keep around. Not as much room as my stash, but they are still getting out of hand, lol.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:54 PM

You can print from Zinio magazines as long as the magazine's publisher allows printing. Each magazine is different. I can tell you that Australian Quilter's Companion and Quilting Arts both allow printing from Zinio. So does Australian Homespun magazine (which includes many quilting articles and patterns).

Edited to Add: You can also save any Zinio magazines on the hard drive of your computer for future reference.