Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about the Grace Machine Quilter. >

Question about the Grace Machine Quilter.

Question about the Grace Machine Quilter.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:41 AM

Hi everyone,
My son wants to know about this brand of quilting machine & I have no idea as how to answer it for him. He is looking at a Grace Machine Quilter sewing quilter frame. Also he is looking at the Grace Mini Pinni Aluminum frame machine holder & Grace Little Grace 11 machine quilter.
If anyone can help us out, I would appreciate it. He wants to buy one for his wife & I thought quilting machines cost alot more than this.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give us!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 01-10-2010, 11:52 AM

A quilting machine made by Grace? The Grace web site doesn't show a Grace quilting machine just the Grace frame set up with a Juki 9" harp sewing machine being used as a quilter. Personally, I didn't care for the 9" on the frame, not enough room to really do a queen/king quilt.

I have the Grace frame and I can tell you that frame is fabulous. I have the Grace Pinnacle set at 8' (I think the max size is 10') with my Bailey quilter and I love the set-up. Rather inexpensive when compared to other mid-arm quilting set-ups, but so easy to use.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:47 PM

Thank you so much for your information!! :D My DS wants to buy a quilting machine for his wife, to use for her personal use. I think he is looking at these because of the lower price. I appreciate your help!! :thumbup:
Old 01-10-2010, 04:58 PM

I too have a Grace Pinnacle frame, and a Viking Mega Quilter..........I have difficulty with queen and king quilts (frame is set to 10 feet) due to limited throat space (10") n the machine.........I have heard wonderful things about many of the mid arm quilters, (Baily, Tin Lizzie, HQ16) and now Viking also has an 18" throat mid arm quilting machine....and they also sell a frame that is made by the Grace Company.........

There are several reasonable ones out there.....Have him do a little research on those included in responses from this blog.......
Old 01-10-2010, 05:05 PM

someday I want a Bailey 15". have a frame, still in the box.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Shorebird
I too have a Grace Pinnacle frame, and a Viking Mega Quilter..........I have difficulty with queen and king quilts (frame is set to 10 feet) due to limited throat space (10") n the machine.........I have heard wonderful things about many of the mid arm quilters, (Baily, Tin Lizzie, HQ16) and now Viking also has an 18" throat mid arm quilting machine....and they also sell a frame that is made by the Grace Company.........
I have this set up as well and wish I would have gotten a Tin Lizzie or Hq16, something with a deeper throat. So that is one good question he needs to ask, does she want to quilt queen and king size quilts and do more intricate quilting.