Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about Harbor Freight Blades >

Question about Harbor Freight Blades

Question about Harbor Freight Blades

Old 11-26-2011, 10:03 AM

I think the HF blades aren't as good as the name brands. But as far as letting HF know we are not happy with them, I think they would tell you that they are made to cut carpeting and not for cutting thin fabric, so complaing wouldn't do any good. You could try to bring them back to the store and tell them that they didn't work as well as expected.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:06 AM

PS: Anyone who doesn't want their HF blades feel free to PM me and I will be happy to take them rather than have them go into the trash!!!
Old 11-26-2011, 10:23 AM

I'm very puzzled about the HF blades that have not been sharp for so many of our Board members. They can't ALL have put 2 blades in by mistake. I suspect that there was a bad batch, as a previous poster suggested. HF will never know this if we don't tell them. I've never had a problem with a single one of my blades.

Please, please, please will those of you who HAVE had problems write & tell HF about the dull blades. That's where you should be complaining, not just here. That's how a company learns about mistakes it has made, so they can fix them. Even if you have thrown the bad blades away in disgust, the sheer numbers of you who have had bad blades should convince HF that there was a problem. It's entirely possible that they'll thank you - maybe even send you replacement blades that are GOOD.

Their customer service # is 1--800 444-3853

Last edited by JoanneS; 11-26-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:29 AM

I didn't care for the HF blades either. The I tried to use was dull and wouldn't even turn in the cutter. I got a blade sharpener for Christmas, yes already got it but I haven't used it. I'll reuse the many, many, many blades I've been saving.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:38 AM
lbc

I just tried one also and wondered it I had got a defective one because it seemed to skip, but it sounds like they are all not so good. I think I'll toss the two pkgs I bought.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by DebbyT View Post
I also have had good results with mine. I put one in for the first time last week and found I had it too tight at first. It seemed to drag. Once I loosened it, I had great results. Cut real smooth, especially because the blade I took out had a bit of a flat spot that required a re-cut each time. Because of the low cost, you might get a few and judge for your self.

They work for me too! Nice and sharp.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:03 PM

I had the same bad results ...I thought maybe company caught on and now they are not made as well as they once were....mine were dull and had nick in one.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:28 PM

I love them. I have great luck with mine and the price is fantastic!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2011, 12:54 PM

I use the HF blades and haven't had any problem. They don't stay sharp as long, but at a buck a blade, I don't mind changing them more often.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:31 PM

Sorry to hear about the problems some of you are having with HF blades. I've been very happy with them and so far haven't had one that was dull. Famous last words. Watch, tonight I'm going to do some cutting and...........HF has several other items that seem to have been made with quilters in mind - little metal magnetic bowl that is better than the ones sold in quilt shops and costs about $3, clear plastic boxes for $5 with compartments that exactly fit a regular spool of thread, a magnetic wrist bracelet that's great for having pins right there, also about $3. It's a fun store.