Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about Missouri Star Quilt Company >

Question about Missouri Star Quilt Company

Question about Missouri Star Quilt Company

Old 06-18-2016, 03:45 AM

It's on my bucket list to visit. I was going to in May and read that they were remodeling, so I postponed the trip. Maybe this fall. :-)
Old 06-18-2016, 04:07 AM

I was just up there, if they don't have it, you don't need it.. LOL. They do have different shops that carry different things. One shop is all Batiks and they are lovely. Well worth the trip if you ever get the chance to go. I am on their email list and I get the deal of the day sent to me every day. Some really great buys and shipping is $5. Sometimes the daily deal is free shipping if you order $50. Great place.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:14 AM

I agree with all of the replies. What has inspired me in quilting, is Jenny's tutorials. Also read the write up in American Patchwork and Quilting and saw the video with Crafty Gemini, all great! I'm so happy for Missouri Star Quilt Company - they are down to earth people. I never met Jenny, but met one of her daughter-in-law's at the American Quilter's Society Quilt Week in Daytona Beach this year - very nice. Also, have bought from them several times. It's a long trip for most people to go there in the middle of nowhere. That's why they moved there, buildings/land not as expensive as California.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:33 AM

A friend and I are going in August - a trip to Hamilton was on her bucket list. Glad to hear the remodeling is done, and want to check the American Patchwork magazine as well. We plan to stay 3 days and have tickets to Jenny's trunk show. Hope the charge card does not explode!
Old 06-18-2016, 05:03 AM

My husband surprised me and made reservations at a B & B in Hamilton, so I have one afternoon and one morning to shop, on our way back from a family trip to Yellowstone. I am beyond excited !!! Luckily it is on our way HOME, so I'll have plenty of room for fabric, as we drop off our son's family (4) with car seats and luggage etc. in Gillette, WY before we head there. By the way, my DH absolutely loathes shopping, but he knows there is a man cave and a cafe, so he said he would be fine : )
Old 06-18-2016, 05:20 AM

The BYU TV show was great and you can get it on the net.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:25 AM

Here are the two shows from BYU TV. Well worth watching!

http://blog.missouriquiltco.com/the-...turning-point/

http://blog.missouriquiltco.com/random-acts/
Old 06-18-2016, 10:37 AM

Did you see Jenny's grand open of her new shop?? Ask her at MissouriStarQuiltCompany this question. She will answer you.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:47 AM

Thanks Cass62 for those 2 great sites on Missouri Star Quilt Co. I've never seen either one of them & they sure give a wonderful insight on what MSQC is all about.....Love & Caring!
Old 06-18-2016, 06:19 PM

for those of you that don't live close, but also not on the coast (or maybe on the coasts!)--Kansas City (actually suburb of Overland Park, KS) is hosting a biannual quilt show--KCRegional Quilt Fest--that the first one brought in over 10,000 viewers--the next is in June 2017 and already have 94 vendors, over 30 teachers and tons of quilts--anyway, consider coming to it and then going to Hamilton to MSQC--it's about an 11/4 from OP to Hamilton on 4 lane hwys--plus MSQC usually vends this show--Jenny was one of the teachers and demo presenters in the first one. See you there? Check out the website--- www.kcrqf.com or on FB