Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about the Quality of Connecting Threads fabric >

Question about the Quality of Connecting Threads fabric

Question about the Quality of Connecting Threads fabric

Old 07-30-2009, 09:02 AM

I just wanted to tell you that I have had a few fabrics that ravel alot and was told to spray the ends with spray starch...this worked really well for me! I have had only good experiences with Connecting Threads.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:04 AM

I use material from Connecting Threads all the time. The fabric seems to
be extremely nice and also never had a problem when washing. The price is reasonable.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:29 PM

ditto here. and lots of thread on the spool and beautiful colors.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:21 PM

I too absolutely love the silky feel of their fabric. I'm handquilting a childs quilt right now and find it really nice to quilt, even where you needle thru more than one layer. I am amazed by the low prices of their kits. I have a kit waiting right now for me to make next. The lady bug kit they had last year. Should be great! They also put their books on really good sales.

Linda
Old 07-30-2009, 03:27 PM

I love their fabrics...the new "twilight" collection is GORGEOUS in person.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:41 PM

A year ago my sister ordered fabric from Connecting Threads to make a birthday quilt for another sister of ours who turned 50...(the name of the pattern was "Twisted Sister" and if you knew the laughter and fun our family has, you'd know the pattern was suitably named!)...Anyway, I saw the fabric she had chosen and it was very good quality. She never did say if she had problems with fraying, so I'm presuming she had very little to none.

I just recently received my order from the same company, but have not yet had time to sew up the table topper kit, but I love the feel of the fabric!
Jojo
Old 07-30-2009, 03:57 PM

I meant to say in my previous post that the girls on the long arm site that I am on say that the connecting threads thread create a lot of "dust" in their machines. I really don't know about this, but more than 5 of them (some are known country wide) have said this.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:09 PM

Recently bought some Mama's Cottons from Connecting Threads. Love the fabric. I think it is quilt shop quality. However, my big problem was the length of time it took for me to get my order. It took 9 days from the day I ordered to the day I received it. I have ordered from other places and gotten my order in 3 days. I don't understand what took so long.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Maribeth
Hi, I was just going to post this same question. :-)

I have found their service to be excellent and the fabric feels wonderful, almost like silk.

But, I have one problem with it, and it may simply be my inaccurate newbie cutting. :oops: The fabric seems to shred along the cut line. I lost over 1/8" on some blocks from the loose threads pulled away from the seam. Is it something I am doing? When I called them, they had never heard of this problem, but assured me that the fabric was quilt shop quality (which I do agree with) and also stated that the fabric should NOT be washed prior to use. I had suggested that to maybe tighten the weave, but they said no. Is this possible? I haven't had this problem with VIP or Moda fabrics.
Did they tell you WHY not to wash their fabrics?? I can maybe understand if it's jelly roll or a charm pack, but yardage??
Old 07-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Power Poster

I love their thread, fabric and kits. Ok, I just love everything about them. And if I spend fifty dollars (and that's not hard for me to do) I get free shipping. :-) :-)