Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about the Quality of Connecting Threads fabric >

Question about the Quality of Connecting Threads fabric

Question about the Quality of Connecting Threads fabric

Old 07-30-2009, 07:14 PM

I personally cannot vouch for the quality of the Connecting Threads fabrics. I have purchased many sets of their "Essential Thread Sets" and am quite pleased. The thread is manufactured to their specifications: 100% Egyptian cotton of the highest quality; extra long staple procuces a smoother thread with less lint; size 50/3. see: http://www.connectingthreads.com/ima...ads_600901.jpg

About the fabric, on one of the e-lists, there was a discussion on CT's fabrics and it's been said that it is of a very high quality. They have the fabric made to their specs; the cotton, as of June, 2009, is grown in the USA, woven and printed in the US!

I've fallen in love with the "Impressions of Kyoto" collection, see:
http://www.connectingthreads.com/ima...d/102_2060.jpg

HTH

Pat B

PS: The service is excellent!
Old 07-31-2009, 08:56 AM

I've used CT Essential Threads for years now and found that I get very little lint in my bobbin area or the area up around my needle. When I use other brands I do get more lint. I rarely use the CT for my bobbin tho, I learned quilting with using Superior Thread's Bottom Line thread for the bobbin and it just doesn't lint up at all. So with the CT on the top and BL in the bobbin, it has been a perfect marriage of threads.

warm quilt hugs, sue
Old 07-31-2009, 04:02 PM

I got wonderful kit from them and I am almost finished with the quilt. Fabric is lovely, soft and they put generous amounts of fabric in their kits. I highly recommend them. I liked their fabric much better than Keepsake quilting's fabric. I had some raveling, but no more than normal I thought.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by LINANN
Why and when do you starch?
There's no real reason other then preference to starch . I am a starching queen...I love the crispness to fabric..the new feeling...and I hate sewing on any fabric that flops around....so starching is my game:) I starch when I piece...when the block is finished....and, when the quilt top is sewn together...I starch again:)LOL Skeat
Old 08-01-2009, 03:30 AM

I've noticed it takes longer to get their order. On mine it was sent medis mail...which is CD's and books. They do sell them , this is a slower way to mail but much cheaper..and they only add exact cost. I don.t know how others are mailed this was my package :D
Old 08-01-2009, 03:33 AM

I've always been happy with everything I ordered from them, and delivery was quick.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:52 PM

Starching your fabric can sometimes aid in the accuracy of stitching since it's a little stiffer. Helps your blocks look a little less "homemade." I amost never do it because of laziness, but it can help. :lol:
Old 08-01-2009, 04:55 PM
db

I AM FAIRLY NEW WITH THE CONNECTING THREAD, WAS PLEASED TO HAVE FOUND A LONG STAPLE COTTON THREAD, FOR IT'S STRENGTH. ALSO GREAT PRICE AND NICE COLORS. BUT , I FELT THAT IT MADE A LOT OF LINT AS WELL.
db
Old 08-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Power Poster

The guy who cleans my machine told me my machine was very clean and not much lint build up at all. I've been using Essentials thread for piecing. I use Sewer's Aid on all my thread and on my computerized machine too. I think it reduces the friction and linting problem a lot. The professional monogrammer in town uses it on all the embroidery threads she has, so I started using it for all my thread.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:34 PM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Well I too have gotten some quiting notions from Connecting Threads and gotten their free sample as well. I liked the sample and would order from them again. I have not ordered fabric from them but did hear that they are going to start carrying fabric exclusively made in the USA. That should be reason enough to buy from them.
Originally Posted by camillacamilla
I ordered some books from Connecting Threads(my first purchase with them) and they sent a free charm square sample of fabric. It felt lovely to me- softer than anything I can find in the stores here. (I live in a small town.) How does their quality compare to some of the better known fabric makers-such as moda? Any super nice fabric I want will have to be bought over the internet, so I have no way of knowing what I am getting prior to it showing up on my doorstep. Is Connecting Thread's fabric quilt shop quality?