Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
question about selling >

question about selling

question about selling

Old 02-02-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
As long as the sender is not using a credit card or debit card to pay you, you should not be charged a fee on a personal account. If you accept credit card payments beyond a certain number (I think it's 5 per year now), your account is automatically upgraded to a business account. On my personal account, as long as the person is transferring money to me from their PayPal balance or directly from their bank, I am not charged any fees. Here is a link to PayPal's fee schedule:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside]https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...y-fees-outside[/url]

Hmmmm..... I should read the website before I post. It says that fees are the same for all accounts now. All I know is that I am not charged a fee when someone sends me money that is not via credit card or debit card. If someone tries to pay me with a credit card, a notification shows up allowing me to accept or reject the transfer. I always reject those types of payments.

My Paypal account is a personal account. But when people send money to it they have to choose WHY they are sending it.

Personal
Goods
Services

IF they choose personal then NO I will not be charged a fee. However, when people buy stuff from me and they choose the option Goods, then I am charged a fee.

But I still only have a personal Paypal account. She does not have to open a business account in order to sell a thing or two.

I know a friend of mine and myself has swapped things and money for a few years and the options were the same even then. Personal, Goods, or Services.

Quite frankly, amongst friends, we always chose personal.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Banned

If you still have any ?? concerns you can PM me as I have an online business and have used paypal for that for 12 years now!

Having said that, paypal is NOT the only safe way to receive payment. IT is just the quickest and I have learned in my many years of doing internet business that everyone who buys on the internet thinks they are going to open the front door tomorrow and their goodies will be there...instant gratification is what they expect! NOT going to happen in today's world of slow shipping!

I will say that so far the folks I have sold/bought from here on QB are a complete 180 degrees from the people on ebay! But then my customers are on Etsy are 180 degrees away from those on ebay as well....maybe that is why I am closing that ebay shop and taking it on the road instead!

Anyway if you have questions/concerns feel free to ask!

OH and for a costly item, I would NOT ship via the USPS insured or not...go to UPS...much better tracking and insurance coverage!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:36 PM

What is a Bernina BSR?
Old 02-02-2011, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
What is a Bernina BSR?
Good Question
Thank you!
David
Old 02-02-2011, 12:54 PM

Bernina Stitch Regulator
Old 02-02-2011, 04:07 PM

I agree that you should use UPS to ship - great tracking and insurance. but be sure to pack well.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:05 PM

What is a Bernina BSR?
It's a computerized foot that attaches to many/most Bernina models and it allows you to do free motion quilting in a way that all the stitches are uniform in size. It's a great tool.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
What is a Bernina BSR?
It's a computerized foot that attaches to many/most Bernina models and it allows you to do free motion quilting in a way that all the stitches are uniform in size. It's a great tool.
it is not just the foot is it? does a "bed" come with it? or does it just hook up to the removable bed?

either way, i saw one in use last week..one of the gals i quilt with got a bernina for Christmas with the stitch regulator..it was so cool to watch her!
Old 02-03-2011, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
I have never sold anything on this board and am curious as to how one receives payment. I have a Bernina BSR that came with my Bernina 440, then I bought a 730 and it also came with a new BSR, so I have two. I'd like to sell one BSR, but am not sure how the payment works, especially on an expensive item. I want to believe that all of us are honorable people, but sometimes things can go wrong, and I don't want to lose that much money (retail, I believe is about $1,000). And it works the other way, too...the buyer will want to be sure that I am actually going to send it to her. If it were a $5 item I wouldn't care, but this is a big investment. Thanks for any advice you have.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:35 AM

PAYPAL