Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question

Leona, I bought a Quilt Magic kit a couple of years ago at a quilt show in Montana and still have the flyer. The address on the back is:

Coree's Crafty Corner
    PO Box 266
    Twin Bridges, MT 59754

telephone/fax 1-866-736-5245

e-mail [email protected]

As I said, this is from a couple of years ago...hopefully everything is the same, if you are interested.

jojo

I have done this and enjoyed it very much. The finished product is great and you can change colors/fabric styles if you get bored with it.

I get boards/patterns from Homespun Treasures (775) 267-0409 or www.gotscraps.com

Hope you find what you were looking for.

Gail

Mary Maxim also sells kits for these projects. You can see them here.
    http://www.marymaxim.com/webapp/wcs/...054_15077_-1_Y

We did a project that sounds similar to this with some of my Sped students a couple years ago only we used pieces of styrafoam blocks. They drew their designs on the blocks and then simply took pieces of fabric and pushed them into the design area with a butter knife so the raw edge didn't show. I hope that makes sense. Is this what your looking for?
    Muriel

I know exactly what you are meaning. I brought several kits home with me from the lower 48 about 10 years ago. They are such fun and great for kids to do too !!!

here is a link...http://www.quiltstogo.ca/shop.htm?index.html

I just had to Google to find it. Don't cha just love Google!?

I hope this helps. When I did this craft, we bought ours in America.
    Have fun,
    Alaskasunshine :)

Wow sur a lot of responses to this glad to see so many different ideas......just food for thought....I'll still quilt though....:-)

Hi - I know exactly which one you are talking about. I helped coordinate a quilt show here in Denver and they had a booth here. This might take me a couple days to find this, but I will look for their contact information for you. I think I even have their phone number! I have it in a database file that is backed up on a CD somewhere and I just moved into a new place, so have to go through my stuff in my office. Cathy

I have done several of these. It takes a wee bit of practice at first, but once you get the hang of how to hold the knife, it is very simple. I like to add poly-fill to select areas to make mine a little more 3 dimensional. It is fun and you can do it while relaxing in front of the TV.

They are so fun to do. The only thing I don't like is trying to find the right thickness foam board to do my own designs. So, I went ahead and ordered a couple of different sizes from them, just to have on hand.

Leona, I got my pattern and foam at a show in Vancouver, Wa. The slip on the foam board calls it a fabric art board and is from Homespun Treasures. The website is http://www.gotscraps.com/

That's it...Homespun Treasures, that is where I first saw them.

AWESOME!!!! THANK YOU!!!! Homespun Treasures is exactly who I looking for!! YAY!!! Thank you sooooo much!!

Blog Entries
    I was @ Pullayup Sew Expo and my friend bot several of those kits. Just called her and she isn't home. I'll get info if you are still interested. I know she DID say to use the PINK side of the board instead of the white. Pink side is softer .... let me know!

I am pretty positive it was the Homespun Treasures. However, if I am wrong, I would like to know. I would like to purchase from the people that were at the expo. They were very friendly and helpful.

What kind of foam is used? I'd like to do for my son. He lives on an island in B.C. http://www.lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=1102

I've been thinking about doing a quilt but a picture would be faster and easier!

You are welcome. Have fun with your project.

This is just a FYI from a loooonnnnnnnngggg time ago. On home dec shows (before home dec shows were cool :lol) , these gals (and sometimes guys) used to use this same type kit for making cornice boards. If I remember correctly, the kit would provide the foam and directions, and you would furnish the fabric. Does anyone remember this? OR am I dreaming?

Blog Entries
    What kind of foam board is it? Styrofoam? Craft foam? Is it dense or crumbly?

Blog Entries
    Also I was wondering if a sewer's tracing wheel would work to score the pattern into the foam?

I just checked out the site and the prices are reasonable. Thanks for sending it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2