Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Questions about Accuquilt cutter stuff >

Questions about Accuquilt cutter stuff

Questions about Accuquilt cutter stuff

Old 01-07-2017, 04:35 PM

I have the studio and I use the same plastic mat for all strips, and have two other smaller mats for the other dies. Maybe it is different for the "Go".
Old 01-07-2017, 06:31 PM

Do the AccuQuilt Go cutters ever go on sale? I want to purchase one but I'm not in a hurry. Is it worth it to wait for a sale?
Old 01-07-2017, 08:06 PM

They were just on sale in December. It was only $30 off. If it is worth waiting is up to you. There used to be better sales before the price control started, but now they just don't do the big discounts on the cutters.

For those just getting started with their Go!'s, type in "Accuquilt lot" on ebay. That was how I got started. Even if there are some dies in the lot you don't care much about, I still will put them in my stash and have eventually used almost all of them. But the cost per die is much less on the big lots. I also buy every die I find on clearance at Joann's. It is random when they do put them on clearance, so I always go by the Accuquilt display any time I'm there just to check. That was how I got my Go! Baby for $25. I got my original Go! 6 years ago and have 53 dies now. The more dies you have, the more useful the cutter becomes.

I keep a list of what dies I have on my phone. It makes it much easier to figure out if I have all the dies I need when I am looking at a pattern online.

As far as the cubes go, I like the dies that cut multiple shapes such as 6 HSTs or 4 QSTs. From what I've seen, it looks like each die in the cube only cuts one. I would rather pay slightly more to buy the regular dies.

The die I felt was going to be my biggest waste of money, I have found I really love. The alphabet has been so much fun. I've made banners for our 4H club, added names to quilts, did a quilt for my son's wrestling coach with the school mascot and added the school name on it. It is a spendy die, but has been fun.