Questions for Canadian quilters >

Questions for Canadian quilters

Questions for Canadian quilters

Old 04-19-2016, 08:52 AM
Power Poster

Welcome Geraldine2016
to the Quilting Board!!

Originally Posted by Melanie Rudy View Post
A new online shop that was at a retreat that I was at recently is called "Quincy's Quilting". The ladies are fantastic and the quality of their product is excellent as well. Free shipping within Canada on all orders.
http://www.quincysquilting.com/
Glad that you mentioned Quincy's!

Recently I was ISO specific Northcott Shimmers. After visiting several LQS' with Shimmer but not THE ones I needed, I was about to give up when I saw mention of Quincy's here on the QB and sure enough, they had THE ones. The ladies were great to talk to and were quite willing to verify scanned pics of the fabric I needed, to ensure that it was a match.

Shipping is free, no matter the order size/amount and is made via Canada Post, traceable package. In just a few days the parcel was here and I was more than pleased. I will definitely order online from them another time.

For those coming to Quilt Canada ... they are coming east to be in the Merchants' Mall.

Not fabric ... but online thread purchasing, particularly Aurifil ....
http://bytownethreads.com/
They are also going to be at Quilt Canada ... and CreativFestival this coming weekend.

Last edited by QuiltE; 04-19-2016 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:45 AM

WOW!! I can't believe that so many people took the time to answer. Itmust be a great forum. Guess I will have to stick around. I am new to quilting. I made a few baby quilts...nothing fancy. I bought a machine at WM and it did the job but wanted something to help with the actual quilting.. Now I have a spanking new Brother PQ1500. I am still getting used to it. Love the knee lift but find needle threading a bit awkward as it is different from my Dinkette. Also, I am all thumbs trying to change the bobbin.
It, too, is awkward as it is on the side and I have to lift the machine up from the table to get at the bobbin area.

I have all the online quilt stores bookmarked and will check each one out.
You have made my day. It is so nice to have found this forum.
I did know about it from my sister who is a member here but it's my first time posting.
Thank you for the responses and the welcome.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:28 PM

I think fabric.com would be a choice.
If I were you, I'd get myself a fabric buddy in the states that would buy the fabric and ship it to you...do you have any american friends?
Old 04-21-2016, 09:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by imsewnso View Post
I have ordered from Connecting threads, but I find the fabric is not what I would call quilt store fabric. I find it comparable it to fabric from Walmart.
Walmart stores now carry a large amount of Waverly fabric. It's nicer than a lot of what JoAnns sells and I've found it to be comparable to quilt shop fabric.

Cari