Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quick & Easy 30s FQ ideas >

Quick & Easy 30s FQ ideas

Quick & Easy 30s FQ ideas

Old 07-30-2015, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by quiltin-nannie View Post
GrammieJan, would love to see a picture of your quilt!
I wish I knew how to post a picture, but I don't.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:42 PM

I think Missouri Quilt tutorials are great for easy but great looking quilts. Don't over think it. Just enjoy the process. Good luck getting out of the funk! We're all pulling for you!
Old 07-31-2015, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by maryellen2u View Post
I think Missouri Quilt tutorials are great for easy but great looking quilts. Don't over think it. Just enjoy the process. Good luck getting out of the funk! We're all pulling for you!
I think this is an important point. I just dove into the jelly roll race quilt, knowing it would either look nice or not. I just wanted to sew. I think my first step will be simply opening the bundle and pressing them. I'm leaning toward just cutting it all into squares and making some 4 patches for now. Even if I just end up sewing all the 4 patches together into a big, random scrappy of squares, maybe it will get me back into a creative mood.

I want to thank each of you for your kindness. I'd forgotten how much support this board tends to offer. I suppose that in itself is more healing than the quilt pattern ideas....
Old 07-31-2015, 08:03 AM

I feel your frustration. I have started sewing again too and continue to deal with stress from life! I am in a bee that started a round robin, but I chose to work on my own along with them. Didn't want the stress of meeting deadlines and perfection. I had been petting a big stack of 1930's fat quarters for years and decided to cut them up. So far I put a small Dresden plate on a muslin square with a small yellow border and then the first round is just 4 patch squares (4" x 4" finished). It's on my design wall and it brings me such joy to just look at what I've done so far. I'm looking forward to my next round but keeping it small and simple. I know you will fee JOY when you pick your pattern, sew a little and then just sit back and look at it!! Happy sewing and keep us posted on what pattern you choose!
Old 08-01-2015, 01:29 AM

i did a Chevron toddler quilt using 6 fat quarters and 30 retro looking fabrics. It was darling! Probably my favorite i have made. I posted a pic look for Chevron Toddler Vintage in the Pictures section.
Pattern is a free online, LimaSews: Chevron Toddler Quilt.
I have been where you are, I had even wondered if I was ever going to sew/quilt again, kind of worried myself.
When I came back whew...I am better than ever!
First things first-Take care of you!
Old 08-01-2015, 12:21 PM

I just finished 16 "periwinkle" blocks in 30's. The blocks were 4" finished

[ATTACH=CONFIG]526618[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails smallquilt_30s.jpg