Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quick Quilts >

Quick Quilts

Quick Quilts

Old 08-30-2012, 07:48 PM

I used to like to try new patterns & challenge myself. But now, in my old age (LOL), I find myself preferring quicker, simpler patterns. I want to get a lot of them done -- for a several reasons. I have alot of fabric so I would like to at least make a dent in it. Also, I want to give a lot of quilts to my friends, family & charity. Also, there are so many cool quick patterns & they really allow you to show the beautiful fabrics off. And I've gotten lazy in my dotage... LOL!

My favorites are Yellow Brick Road, 9-Patch (with or without Snowballs), Streak of Sunshine (from Quiltville), Log Cabin, Turning 20, & Jelly Roll Race.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:12 PM

I like simple and/or quick quilts very much. But sometimes I like to change up and try something different. I'm working on an applique quilt right now that is much more involved than I would have imagined. And I'm planning on trying my hand at a bargello soon. I enjoy seeing all the quilts posted on QB and being inspired by them even if they aren't something I'd be interested in making.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:25 PM

Interesting posts. For something really quick, I like the Turning Twenty blocks...Original Turning Twenty is not intricate at all, but result in large blocks. Choices of fabric can make on LOOK intricate, and there are several TT books with more challenging patterns...all use FQs.