Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt binding Clips

Quote Originally Posted by happyquiltmom View Post
    When I sew bindings, I use 3 pins. I turn down a few inches at a time and move the pins as I progress. I never have trouble with pin sticks.
    This is the same method I use. A fellow quilter showed me this at a quilting day when we were in TX. Works great and as you get to the corner you can use one of your pins to turn a nice square corner!
    LilaKay...greatgramma to Brielle Mae

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sak658 View Post
    Has anyone tried the red quilt binding clips..I ordered some from Amazon.com..they had the best price..50 for
    $18.12 . They had great reviews..anxious to hear from some of you...I'm so tired of being stuck with pins, when I bind my quilts...Surely this will be better...thanks
    In my opinion they are one of the best quilting notions that I own. I also ordered mine from Amazon. I got 100 so I would have plenty and I use them all the time because like you I was so tired of being stuck by pins or have them get caught on the cabinet closure.

I like them alot. Waiting for a sale to get more.

The red clips are great to line up your binding if you are sewing it on instead of doing it by hand. Read the instructions and it makes the job easy. I also use them when hand binding, but just use 3 or 4 spaced 2 inches apart ahead of my sewing space. Try them, you will love them.

I am glad to see this thread, as I just bought those, I think. They are red, but I don't know if they are the Clover ones or not, as I didn't keep the instructions or labels. They are currently on sell for $19. at Hancock's. I haven't used mine yet, but I look forward to giving them a try. I have been using the hair clips, which work fine. I think these will work better....plus I just needed a reward on Wednesday. These guys looked like a good reward.

Dina

Blog Entries
    I just saw them at JoAnns yesterday and the price was 10 for $6.99 or 50 for $32.99. Also the quilting notions are 50% thru today (5/13).
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

I got 50 for $19. from Hancock's. Ten dollars off the "regular" price.

Dina

Blog Entries
    if they are like the clip on hair clips, i love them. i have two pkgs. silver and they spring open, slip on the binding and clip closed. very easy to use. like these in the photo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

I have the binding clips. I don't use them for bindings that much. Once in a while, I use them at the corners just before I sew it down. I use them to clip up my hair so it's out of my face while I'm in sewing...lol.
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

Hancock's has them on sale for 19.99 right now.

Blog Entries
    I have enough of the clover clips to clip binding on a king size quilt. It's hard to keep guild members from borrowing just a few and of course most don't ever come back. LOL
    Got fabric?

Banned
    I don't use pins or clips either. dunster.....we must be missing something. pins and clips just get in the way.

I get tired of getting stuck by pins and invested in the ten pack. LOVE, these clips....awesome!

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I have the Clover clips but I usually don't need anything. I will use a couple of them at the start of my binding but then get lazy and just fold it over. When I'm sewing my binding on to the front, I'll use a couple of them to start also, but then I get lazy again and just hold my binding in place with my fingers. Never had a problem, like what the others said.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

These red quilt binding clips just ROCK!!! I did use the hair pin style clips.....no comparison.....the red clips are worth the money.....perfect binding!!!

Blog Entries
    Many won't try new things. I don't ask for opinions, I just buy it and find out for myself and then fell justified to give my review after using it.
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    I just hold the binding with my fingers, and I've never seen any need for pins or clips. What am I missing?
    The same here.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I liked the hair clips until I bought the Cover binding clips. No comparison. The Clover clips win! I can sew on a binding without the clips but it's easier to have the binding in place and not rolled up in my lap or all under and over the quilt. The neck roller thing is a PITA.
    COOL... I learned something new. I use the silver clips when I do the hand stitching for finishing off the binding but never thought of using the binding clips when sewing the first side of the binding on. Ya learn something new every day. That will probably make my binding more accurate and faster!

I just hold the binding with my fingers, and I've never seen any need for pins or clips. What am I missing?
    thats what I do also. I see no difference in straightness of binding if I pin or not!!!

They are called "Wonder Clips", I have them & just love them.

Doing my binding with no aids I felt like I was constantly adjusting the binding and having to put too much pressure on my left hand...made it hurt. I used hair clips for a long time...loved them. Bought the Clover Wonder Clips and used them on my last quilt. I hand sew my binding to the back of my quilt and I used the clips clear side up and found if I placed them just sew, I could sew right across the top of them for several inches at a time without shifting or adjusting. Best option yet. I'm sold!

That's how I do mine, too. I use the ladder stitch for invisible stitches and saves time and money not having to use clips.
    When you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love.

Blog Entries
    I have switched totally over to Sharon Schambers glue method. No clips, no pins, just perfect binding with perfect mitered corners!

i got a package of 10 in my stocking for christmas. they are currently holding a sheet of muslin on my ironing board (corn starch life) and doing a fantastic job at it. i couldn't really see needing them for binding, though it it did occur to me that if i ever tackle a scalloped or decorative border they might be really useful.

aileen

I use plain old bobby pins. They hold the binding flatter, are easier to take off and put on and easy to store--an old straight pin magnet does the trick!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast