Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Quilt binding Clips

Oh I love the wonder clips!
    From the heart
    Nancy

I bought the hair clips (the kind that open and close when you bend them) at the dollar store. 12 for $1. Can't beat that. They work very well.

I didn't have any luck with any kind of clips. It just adds more bulk to the fabric I'm already trying to shove through small throat space. This reminds me I need to give my friend her hair clips back.. I will use pins and press (then remove them) and then just feed the quilt through. In any case, it's easy to remove the pins (if I have them in there) before I get to a portion of the quilt I'm binding. I have tried some clips recommended on this board -- like I said -- they just get in the way. I pin and press and the binding just feeds.
    :-)
    CAS

I use them all the time. I know some people use glue, but these work great for me.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

I was in the Lexington KY Hobby Lobby today and found the hair clip type in the quilting section. 30 count pkg for $3.99. Brand name 'Sew-ology'
    Last edited by kyrose; 05-14-2012 at 03:10 PM.

I used to hold the binding with my hands until they started hurting. I had the silver "hairclip" binding clips, but I have truly found happiness with the Clover Wonder clips (the little red ones). In fact, my husband and son use one each as a clip for their ipod headphone wires - much superior to the system Apple gives with the ipods.

I have also machine sewn with them on minkee. It was great.

I ordered a box of 50 from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. I like them better than the silver "hair clip" type.

I have the red Clover clips and LOVE them! I bought 50 from fabricdepot.com for $19 and I thought I got a bargain (silly me)....they do come in a very nice box too.

I use the silver hair clips when hand sewing my binding down. I actually just use one and keep moving it down the line as I sew. That is what works for me.

I've tried the hair clips, and I wasn't impressed. I haven't seen the red one in quilting notions. I'll have to look for them.

quilt bbinding clips

I got mine from Elanor Burns. They are GREAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by sak658 View Post
    Has anyone tried the red quilt binding clips..I ordered some from Amazon.com..they had the best price..50 for
    $18.12 . They had great reviews..anxious to hear from some of you...I'm so tired of being stuck with pins, when I bind my quilts...Surely this will be better...thanks
    I ordered two sets from Nancy's Notions and I have used them and they are great. I didn't like the boxes they came in so I put them in another container.

I wouldn't trade them for anything! I love them, no more sticking myself with pins!!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EllenwoodGa View Post
    I've tried the hair clips, and I wasn't impressed. I haven't seen the red one in quilting notions. I'll have to look for them.
    I bought the hair clips from the dollar store and I couldn't get them to stay clipped on! I was glad I only paid $1 for them. I have the binding clips and bought 10 at first and used them on a baby quilt I was making. LOVED THEM! Only draw back was that I only had 10 of them. Promptly ordered the 50 count!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I bought a set and love them.

Yes, I really do like them. They are good for so many other uses, like hemming pants dresses or skirt. Well worth the money

Right now Hancock Fabrics has the "Wonder Clips" on sale for $19.99 until the 23rd.

dunster, you are not missing anything! You are just "good". I use the hair clips and they work fine for me.

Blog Entries
    Well thanks for all your posts...I tried my red clips...I found them hard to open, but that's because I had thumb surgery back in Aug and still have a while to go for 100% usage..the jury is still out on this one...I tried sewing along side the ends of them...nope that didn't work too good..I have a small Janome machine and it doesn't feed the binding thru really well..I have to have my left hand behind to help pull it thru...I guess with a more expensive machine, I wouldn't have that problem..it does 2 or 3 thicknesses ok..get to several layers and it needs help...I will try them again on my next project...and see ...I don't understand the point of the marks on them...am I missing something..?? How do you use them for the marks to work.?? thanks again..for all your views...

Quote Originally Posted by quiltyfeelings View Post
    ditto! .
    I do this too. Once I have the binding sewn to the front of the quilt, I fold it over to the back and hold it down with my fingers, and baste it in place before I hand stitch it down. I have tried pins, but kept getting poked. I also tried the hair clips, but kept knocking some of them off.

Blog Entries
    Love the red binding clips. I just bought some at Hancock Fabric.

Lynn
    Start the Process
    Don't fail because you
    are afraid to
    Start the Process

I just got some of these. I used them when I was cutting out the current quilt top I am working on. After sorting the block pieces into piles I used a clip to keep them together.

Being on blood thinners, a job as a human pincushion doesn't work.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    I just hold the binding with my fingers, and I've never seen any need for pins or clips. What am I missing?
    I do this as well.
    Sherry

"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by sak658 View Post
    .I have a small Janome machine and it doesn't feed the binding thru really well..I have to have my left hand behind to help pull it thru...
    Are you using a walking foot? I find that essential for binding. It is the only thing I use mine for.

I am curious why you like the clover red clips better than the silver hair clips? What makes them better? I use the hair clips (until my daughter 'borrowed' them all for her hair). If you are stitiching the binding down by hand I would think that the thread would get caught on the red clips

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast