Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt of Frankenstein? >

Quilt of Frankenstein?

Quilt of Frankenstein?

Old 04-29-2013, 05:13 AM

I think this is one of the best ideas I have heard for saving your memories of your quilt journey. As was mentioned before using black or navy for sashing would tie miscellaneous blocks together. Since blocks would be varied in size it would provide an interesting opportunity for clever blocks or parts of blocks. You can let your imagination go wild!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

I think it would be a great wall hanging and with each block, stitch the date into it. Either the date you start or the date you finish. Then when you complete it you will truly know your worth. As far as that goes, I myself believe all quilters are priceless as also are their quilts.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:34 AM

I think it would be a wonderful quilt. The years go so quickly and it's good to have memories of the good things we've accomplished to remind us we didn't always just screw up. This made me think...for those of us that didn't think of this in the beginning...how about printing pictures of the quilts on fabric and putting those together for a special memory quilt. I have been considering printing pictures of my drawings and using them to make a black and white quilt. Great idea you've got there...I say go for it...
Old 04-29-2013, 05:37 AM

I have done two quilts with blocks that were each very different, and some were different sizes. I made a "frame" with a coordinating color to bring each block up to about an inch or more larger than the largest block. (So the largest block gets a frame, too.) Some smaller blocks got two frames. Each block has it's own frame color. Then I put them all together with white sashing.

My granddaughter said it looked like a quilt show, and it did. So the name of the quilt is "Quilt Show".
Old 04-29-2013, 05:51 AM

Found a quilt on Pinterest the other day. Think it was "Birds on a Wire." It was really interesting. A lot of orphan (or memory) blocks could use used this way. http://quiltingcouture.blogspot.com/...ire-quilt.html
Old 04-29-2013, 06:14 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

I think in my own humble opinion (LOL) it would be awesome & very colorful .. But then again that is my own humble opinion !LOL
Old 04-29-2013, 06:44 AM

Good Idea. I have recently had an idea to make a Dear Pat quilt. I started a Dear Jane quilt but just can't get in to making it. I have about 15 blocks finished. I decided to make a small block from all of my projects to make my own version of a Dear Jane. I kinda like the triangles around the edges of the Dear Jane so I might make them.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
I cut 2 1/2" squares from every fabric that I put into a quilt. I will one day put together a quilt that will tell a story of all the quilts I have made. I'm planning on doing it just like a postage stamp quilt but with the 2 1/2" squares.
LOL, that's what I'm doing!! Even thru in a few from making GD's dresses, if it's 2.5 inches, it's mine!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]410615[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails ok-018.jpg  
Old 04-29-2013, 07:08 AM

I did a 2 1/2 " squares scrap quilt. It was 2025 squares (45x 45). I gave it to my DIL. she had a great time with it for impromtu picnics, ball games or where ever they went. It just disappeared, we think it was stolen from her van right in their own driveway. UGH. Now I am starting over, it may be a while before I have another 2000 scrap squares.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:18 AM

Default Quilt of Frankenstein

They have the quilt but they don't have the love that you put into it for your DIL. I hope they feel at least a little guilty every time they look at it

Last edited by OldHairTwister; 04-29-2013 at 07:21 AM. Reason: omitted words