Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Label >

Quilt Label

Quilt Label

Old 03-24-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by sewmom
I use fabric treated with Bubble Jet Set that I iron to freezer paper and run through my printer. I leave it on the paper at least overnight before I remove it. Then I heat set it with a hot iron. I use 200 count muslin or a good quilting fabric. Sometimes I put a picture on it too or use fabric from the front-as long as I can read the printing on it. I've only had a problem with one label fading and I think it was because I didn't let it set long enough before I washed it. It bothered me so much that after the baby was born i got the quilt back and made a different label and put that on instead. My DGS quilt is 8 years old and has been washed a gazillion times-you can still read the label.
Glad you mentioned Bubble Jet Set. I am going to make my son and daughter both a memory quilt, and found some bubble Jet Set and some miracle cotton sheets on a site that you use the bubble jet set with I am assuming. Have you ever used these sheets and if so do they need to be used with the Bubble Jet Set? I am not familiar with either of these products. I am wondering if the Bubble Jet Set is required for these sheets and if you can put photos on them. Please pm me with any information you have on both products before I order them. The site where I found this is Soft Expressions.com. Thanks bunches. Gerbie
Old 03-24-2011, 09:32 PM

After you heat set the ink from your printer,soak the label in vinegar. The vinegar should permanently set the ink and it is much cheaper that buying bubble set
Old 03-24-2011, 10:16 PM

I just was given a slew of those pre made labels. I have used them in the past and have had a hard time writing on them with the pigma pens. I just heard a great tip...press them onto freezer paper and the writing is so much easier!! In fact, I may press some heat n bond to the back and then just write and cut them out as I need them.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by chuckbere15
After you heat set the ink from your printer,soak the label in vinegar. The vinegar should permanently set the ink and it is much cheaper that buying bubble set
What about the photos that you can print out from the computer using prepared fabric. like June Taylors - would you need to soak them in vinegar too? I want the sheets to be soft, and they aren't, and I find them hard to sew on myself. That's why I'm interested in finding out all I can about the miracle sheets, the site said they could be used for photos and were much softer than those from Taylor, but I still don't know how well you can sew on them.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
I design mine in MS Publisher and print on bleached muslin/freezer paper, then slip stitch it to the back of the quilt. I also print and attach a label for my longarmer.
Which printer do you use? The color ink on mine fades when I wash it. The black ink doesn't tho.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:37 PM

I love printing mine on my own fabric which matches my quilt by glueing the fabric to printer paper and running it through the printer. Here's is a link on youtube showing how. It's so easy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mH2R2dVQxc
Old 03-26-2011, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by sewobsessed1
This is how I do mine...
Just the top, bottom and sides of the middle part gets sewn on to the quilt so it always opens like a little envelope.
I really like that idea!
Old 04-27-2011, 02:05 PM

I Really like the Label with the Pictures! They r Nice!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:21 AM

Hi All,

FYI: I put on the tutorials how I make Quilt Labels.

ali
Old 04-28-2011, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by nadinelois
my latest and they are a hit! ...........for the occasion, if there is an announcement/invitation, etc I make a copy on fabric then apply as the label. I add a line with my name, date, etc. So, for a baby shower-I copy the shower invitation, then add-stitched with love for you and baby by.................., date, etc. They come out GREAT and are always mentioned as a special part of the gift!
That is a wonderful idea. I think i'm going to use this on my next baby shower quilt.