Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt lost in Colorado Fires >

Quilt lost in Colorado Fires

Quilt lost in Colorado Fires

Old 07-06-2012, 07:24 PM

Wish I could help. this is such a tragedy. So sorry for the loss of their home. those fires are terrible!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 04:30 AM

Awe, so sad! Keeping them in my prayers!
Old 07-07-2012, 04:42 AM

does anyone know......is there any organization that will be collecting quilts for Colorado fire victums??
Old 07-07-2012, 06:15 AM

There seems to be so many natural disasters and folks are so resilient and brave. The fires were heartbreaking. Looking around my little home there is a whole lot of stuff that I could live without, even my machines and quilts. But there are some things that would be so very hard to lose. Things my deceased son made me, pictures of beloved relatives and friends that are no longer here. It would be such a special gift if the quilt could be duplicated.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:26 AM
Banned

That's my summer quilt, on my bed as I type
Made 20 years ago when I was still living in NYC.
I love that quilt - needs a new binding, as it's wearing out.
Glad Dunster found it for you.

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
Old 07-07-2012, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by joym View Post
does anyone know......is there any organization that will be collecting quilts for Colorado fire victums??
We just lost one of my daughter's teacher's husband. First they were evacuated from the fires and then the husband had a stoke and he passed on July 4th. The widow and her daughter are staying with family still since they haven't been allowed back to their home yet. It's been sad to see so much sadness happen to so many people's lives in such a short amount of time.

As far as I have heard, there wasn't a quilt collection of any kind yet, but I do know that there was an organization that was looking for 12 1/2 squares of fabric .... if you would like, I can post the information on the board for you and as a personal message. The organization is collecting the squares and then putting the squares together and then they donating the batting, backing, etc. If you would like to donate entire quilts, I am sure they would welcome them.

I feel so lucky that my life is only affected by the smoke in the air...and my thoughts are with those that are having to deal with their homes being in the line of the fires......
Old 07-07-2012, 11:23 AM

dunster, you are a genius! I'm sure lynneander's friend is most grateful to you.

My heart goes out to everyone in CO as these fires are burning. From my deck I can see the huge billows of smoke from the Pony Fire here in Montana. We live right next to a large national forest, and our small ranch (22 acres), and others...about 120+ homes are constantly on watch for fires. Praise God, none have come close, but we are prepared.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by joym View Post
Joym....this is the information that was given to me regarding an organization this is collecting quilts and / or squares for the fire victims.

The Sewing Circle
2948 Council Tree Ave Suite 107
Fort Collins, CO 80525

if you do send them anything, they ask that you please enclose a note letting them know that your package is to help support the Colorado wildfire victims.

They are looking for 12 1/2" by 12 1/2" squares....they can be something creative or simply one solid block of fabric that will be added to scrappy quilts. Or you can send completed quilts, almost completed quilts...anything that can be quickly stitched together.

http://www.the-sewingcircle.com/

That is the website address to the group that is putting together the quilts, etc....
Also, they asked me to thank everyone in advance for any and all help that is being given to them.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by emlee51 View Post
dunster, you are a genius! I'm sure lynneander's friend is most grateful to you.

My heart goes out to everyone in CO as these fires are burning. From my deck I can see the huge billows of smoke from the Pony Fire here in Montana. We live right next to a large national forest, and our small ranch (22 acres), and others...about 120+ homes are constantly on watch for fires. Praise God, none have come close, but we are prepared.
I live in Colorado, just east of the Ft. Collins fire. It was awful and we had smoke for several days. I woke up last Sunday with even worse smoke but it was coming from the Wyoming and Montana fires. This has been a horrible year for fires. I live out on the prairie and it worries me when we have lightning storms as the prairie grass is tinder dry.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:33 AM

Thanks for the address. I will give the info to my guild President and see if we can't help someway.
Prayers for those in need.