Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt magazines >

Quilt magazines

Quilt magazines

Old 06-03-2016, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
I too no longer buy magazines. But I have to comment here -- I am able to go online with my library card and log into Zinio through the library -- it's a free magazine site -- and can "borrow" a copy of American Patchwork. You can flip through, read what you want, print out articles or patterns you know you HAVE to have LOL and then it just gets returned, no hassle, nothing to remember returning, no late fees. The have a few years of magazines on the site.
Great idea. My daughter is a librarian - going to check this out with her. Love the magazines but hate the clutter. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:53 AM

I am a magazine hoarder, but when the floor groans, you must adjust, so I take a pile that I know I have no interest in anymore and take them to the local library. They are always happy to get them for their annual mag. sale, they said that quilting mags. go first.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:00 AM

I've been going thru my magazines and getting rid of most. I have gone thru them a lot but now it's time to purge and use the space for something else. At first it's hard to do but you get over that.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:23 AM

I think you very easily forget what you once had and suddenly your space fills up with new stuff. I think everything just breeds and multiplies while you're not looking.

Originally Posted by Karamarie View Post
I've been going thru my magazines and getting rid of most. I have gone thru them a lot but now it's time to purge and use the space for something else. At first it's hard to do but you get over that.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:40 AM

I bought some colored dots that you see at yard sales from the local dollar store. I put one of those at the top of any page I want to keep. The rest of the magazines are passed on to a family member who loves looking though them.

You can also bundle up a year of each different subscription and off them to your local library. Ours loves getting them this way.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:55 AM

We have a give and take table at Guild where there are always magazines. People take, some keep, others take and read and bring back. If you know someone who is part of a guild they probably have the same thing.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:27 AM

Love looking thru magazines but more pages are devoted to advertising than to the construction of quilts. I just don't buy them anymore, and the ones I do have - dust collectors!
Old 06-03-2016, 06:41 AM

I keep all my magazines and I guess I might have 500 or more now. I buy them at thrift stores, they are just fabulous to read when I have a few minutes. You could give them to your favorite thrift store and someday I might buy them.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:47 AM

I too have quit buy/subscribing to magazines because I cannot part with them. So my solution was to not get anymore, errr except for BLOCK, that is a great read!!!Not to mention the patterns!!!
Old 06-03-2016, 11:06 AM

Our local library has a group called "Friends of the Library" that takes donated books for the library, and also sells any that are duplicates for money once a month, to raise funds for new books. I gave them my old quilting magazines . They told me they always sell really well. I have no clutter, and they can buy new books. We both win.