Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The quilt police came to visit... >

The quilt police came to visit...

The quilt police came to visit...

Old 10-21-2011, 03:00 AM

You handled that a lot better then I would have, you are one classy lady.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:08 AM

OMG I wonder if your friend's cousin is my sister-in-law
Old 10-21-2011, 03:11 AM

Wow, you handled that beautifully! Rudeness comes in all ages and sizes!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:17 AM

Wow, not only does she have no clue about quilts, but she has no clue about life or about how to treat people. That's the saddest thing of all. I can't imagine she has many friends if she treats people like that. I'm sure all of us have seen quilts we just didn't like. But most of us have the common decency to not say something offensive to someone. If she keeps this up she's going to end up right (in her eyes) and very much alone. Unfortunately, I know one or two people like this, and they're lives always look very sad to me.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:21 AM

You did handle that well, hearing your background and all I don't think I would have been able to hold my tongue. I hope your friend realizes that her cousin thinks she is a know it all and that you would make a wonderful teacher.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:28 AM

Wow. That's horrible. It sounds like the girl was jealous of what you could do. She definately has some issues for sure. Even if your work had looked horrible she shouldn't of acted like that. I'm sorry you had to go thru something like that. Don't let it get you down.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:30 AM

I feel sorry for her. She obviously has a problem she's in denial about.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:31 AM

I would have asked her for her degree in quilting! AND when she had made xxx number of quilts she could come back and critique mine. AND that she would learn, if she really cared to learn anything, she would already know that there are dozens of different ways to do any technique. Then I would have given her a hug and told her if she EVER expected to have a lot of quilting friends she had best learn how to be more polite.
Next I would have called the young friend, asked to take her out to lunch, and with humor and a laugh, assured her that her cousin would learn soon enough that she wasn't the "quilt police". Then assured her that if she had a quilt that her cousin criticized she could bring it over and I would assure her that whatever she decided to do, IT WAS GOOD!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:31 AM

I would have asked her for her degree in quilting! AND when she had made xxx number of quilts she could come back and critique mine. AND that she would learn, if she really cared to learn anything, she would already know that there are dozens of different ways to do any technique. Then I would have given her a hug and told her if she EVER expected to have a lot of quilting friends she had best learn how to be more polite.
Next I would have called the young friend, asked to take her out to lunch, and with humor and a laugh, assured her that her cousin would learn soon enough that she wasn't the "quilt police". Then assured her that if she had a quilt that her cousin criticized she could bring it over and I would assure her that whatever she decided to do, IT WAS GOOD!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:32 AM

I usually use the term 'amazing' in reference to the wonderful quality and care that was put into making a quilt. But today, I'm using that term as it applies to this young snot because all the four-letter words might be bleeped off the screen! My goodness - can't even fathom it. You showed great restraint.