Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Police are knocking at my door >

Quilt Police are knocking at my door

Quilt Police are knocking at my door

Old 12-20-2010, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

I think that when they pull in the drive, you should throw some stray threads on your DH and blame him...LOL!

And where oh where is the pic of this lovely little piece??:shock:
Old 12-20-2010, 06:47 AM
SC

I may not be able to come visit you while you're locked up but send me the address & I'll at least write. Maybe I could send you a quilt magazine to help pass the time til your trial comes up.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:54 AM

Well, at least if they're going after YOU, they can't come after ME! I was listening for sirens for a week after I finished my dad's Xmas prezzie! That binding was so rigged I'm surprised it didn't start shooting oil out of it!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:28 AM

Well, that is a story to tell. Just to make you feel better, I will tell you my story. I decided to make my 5-year old great granddaughter a cape for her birthday (12/17). She loves to dress up etc. I bought a beautiful shiny pink polyester satin and then a tinker bell fab for the lining and off I went with my $25.00 purchase. Oh, yeah!!! Got home and started cutting. Now I have been sewing for 55 years of my 72. Got the fab cut and realized that I had cut the pieces out incorrectly. The satin. So I dug through my stash and found a beautiful pink fleece and merrilly went on my way. Wouldn't you know it! I cut it incorrectly too. One piece I used was for the lining. Since when do they give you a separate pattern for the lining. Oh, well! I through out over $30.00 worth of fabric and ordered a cape on line that cost me over $50.00 for the cape and express delivery. Oh, man was I disgusted with myself. Experience and practice does not always make a great finished project. Hope you feel better now. I do. Thanks for letting me confess my ignorance. Oh, no! I hear the sirens now.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by stitchofclass2
Well, that is a story to tell. Just to make you feel better, I will tell you my story. I decided to make my 5-year old great granddaughter a cape for her birthday (12/17). She loves to dress up etc. I bought a beautiful shiny pink polyester satin and then a tinker bell fab for the lining and off I went with my $25.00 purchase. Oh, yeah!!! Got home and started cutting. Now I have been sewing for 55 years of my 72. Got the fab cut and realized that I had cut the pieces out incorrectly. The satin. So I dug through my stash and found a beautiful pink fleece and merrilly went on my way. Wouldn't you know it! I cut it incorrectly too. One piece I used was for the lining. Since when do they give you a separate pattern for the lining. Oh, well! I through out over $30.00 worth of fabric and ordered a cape on line that cost me over $50.00 for the cape and express delivery. Oh, man was I disgusted with myself. Experience and practice does not always make a great finished project. Hope you feel better now. I do. Thanks for letting me confess my ignorance. Oh, no! I hear the sirens now.
Quick! Run, hide...and then confess NOTHING!

Seriously, I'll bet that little one will be so please with her cape. (And just think of the accessories you can make with the fabric that you cut wrong...a satin trimmed skirt, a little handbag...all sorts of things. And if she is anything like my youngest DD was (and still is, come to think of it) she loves to accessorize!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by stitchofclass2
You know what we tell our DH's when they have to assemble
things/ READ THE DIRECTIONS FIRST! Don't feel too bad I fail to read them too!!! At least youhad time to get one before
Christmas.Ohhh no I think I hear sirens, better go hide!!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:23 AM

Can I go in your place, please? Well, not right now, of course, but in about two weeks, around Jan. 3.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:39 AM

I know how you felt about the backing being to small. I have a kit from a high profile shop that I am putting together. After double checking the numbers again and again I found I was very short on the number of blocks and fabric for the missing blocks. Really ticks me off when you pay good money for this stuff and you get an imcomplete inferior product.Sent an email off but havent had a reply yet.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:45 AM

I have heard the same voices (LOL) but I have been able to escape the quilters police. We all have those days. Your naritive spook for a lot of us. :D
Old 12-20-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by fleurdelisquilts.com
Can I go in your place, please? Well, not right now, of course, but in about two weeks, around Jan. 3.
Me too! You guys crack me up to no end! :roll: