Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt shops >

Quilt shops

Quilt shops

Old 06-17-2016, 06:23 PM

Default Quilt shops

I will be out west for 2 weeks, I will be traveling with DH, 46 years marriage. He gets short with me and stopping at Quilt Shops. Can you help me choose large good ones. I've been looking online, but can't be sure if I want to use one of my 5 stops on a shop if there is a better one a few miles down the road
Here are the cities Greenfield Missouri, Roswell New Mexico, Tombstone Arizona, Apache Junction Arizona, Williams Arizona, Albuquerque New Mexico. Any help would greatly appreciated.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:55 PM
Power Poster

In Albuerque, be sure to go to Southwest Decoratives. https://www.swdecoratives.com/

Is your DH limited to the number of stops at places he wants to visit?
Old 06-17-2016, 09:04 PM

Unfortuantely I am not aware of any quilt shops along your path of travel, but I can relate to your DH getting "short with you" while you are enjoying yourself in the LQS's. We have been married 43 years on June 30th - and he has never been a shopper. He figures out what he wants, goes, buys it, then out of the store. I try to leave him home whenever possible - or if we are traveling, then send him somewhere down the street. When we were in Berlin and I was in a fabric store that his friend took us to, my DH and his friend went down the street, found a phone booth and took silly pictures. So we all had a great time.
Old 06-18-2016, 02:08 AM

Greenfield, MO? Now that is interesting..you must have relatives there for that to be a stop? I am from MO so I was curious as to where it was. I would go to the Row By Row Experience wbsite and use it as a shop guide. Happy travels, Sandy
Old 06-18-2016, 03:34 AM

Yes, this is a great place. Love to go there every time we're there in NM.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:33 AM

Did you check out row by row experience and Quiltinghub? It will give you a good idea of current shops, thought not all shops participate. Funny story about Williams, AZ. We were waiting for the wild west show to start and I walked to a quickie mart for chap stick. Low and behold, there was a quilt shop between where we were waiting and the quickie mart. Unfortunately it was closed, missed it by an hour but, my Quilt radar must have been on, I could have walked around the block the on the other side. Have a wonderful trip. We went a couple of years ago and loved it.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:45 AM

No idea about those places. My hubs listens to radio shows I detest while I'm shopping. We found several shops in Idaho and Washington State that had "Man Caves" which had comfy seating, a tv, and sometimes a coffeepot!
Old 06-18-2016, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

I haven't been in AZ since 1988. Tombstone is more of a tourist town so I doubt there would be a quilt shop there. There is a quilt store listed in Sierra Vista.
http://www.generations-quilt-pattern...lt-stores.html
The fort located in SV is open to explore. Your husband may want to make a stop there. It is the oldest fort that is still a commission fort: Fort Huachuca.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

Isn't it your time for enjoyment on the trip the same as his? If he doesn't think so then out short him.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:46 AM

I live in Mesa, approx. 2 blocks west of Apache Junction. Not sure if there is a quilt shop in AJ, however, there is a quilt shop in East Mesa, in a strip mall on Baseline and Crismon Ave. It;s called "Quilters Oasis". Nice shop, check it out. Also, just around the corner from the quilt shop is a Pizza joint called "Rosati's" Excellent Pizza! Stick hubby in the pizza joint while you shop the quilt store! PLUS if you can get him to drive into Tempe, by ASU, there is a fabric store called SAS Fabrics , a real gem of a place, sells all kinds of fabrics, lots of quilt cotton fabs at $3.99 yd. The catch is that they are on tables where you have to dig! You get a workout, but it is a great place with name brand cotton fabs.
This place is near the northwest side of Apache Trail and McClintock in Tempe, AZ. Good luck!