Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt show and shopping >

Quilt show and shopping

Quilt show and shopping

Old 03-17-2014, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by JSNOMORE View Post
They don't allow you to enter another aqs show with the same quilt so the quilts will be different at each show. Also the teachers are different at each show. I just got home from aqs Lancaster and had a great time. I got great buys on batting and wool and also found a couple of new patterns. I guess its all in what you are looking for.
Yes you can enter more than one AQS show. I entered the same quilt in 3 shows and it was shown in all 3. Not all the quilts are the same...but there may be a few that have shown in more than one show. After the show, the quilts are returned to the owner and if you want to show it again, you have to enter again and go thru the entry process.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:49 PM

Mpspeedy2, belated Happy Anniversary. March 5 would have been my parents 74th and they were blessed with one of those really good marriages. My brother and I grew up in a home filled with love, lots of laughs, and good old common sense. Wishing you the same happiness my dear parents knew.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:10 AM

If you are ever going from Knoxville to Nashville please stop by Little Blessings Quilt Shop in Crossville TN. Talk about wanting to make you welcome! Mom and I were zipping down the highway from Nashville on our way to Sevierville at 8 am....saw the sign on the highway and thought that we would just see where it was at. We pulled in and saw that they didn't open till 9:30....well the owner was inside and chased after us in the parking lot and insisted that we come in! She welcomed us and told us to let her know if we needed anything and then she went into the enormous classroom and started sewing leaving us to browse...Well..Mom browsed...I bought....Wonderful shop and delightful owner named Julia Ranney. Some other favorites are Machine Quiltin by Iva in Sevierville, Pappy's in Maryville, Bless My Stitches in Murphy NC and A Stitch in Time in Franklin NC. Give them a try!
I live near Houston and only go to the Quilt Festival every 2 years.....I like the traditional quilts ( too many artsy quilts there for my taste ) own every quilting gadget known to man, and a fantastic HQ Avante so I avoid the congestion and sore feet by shopping at quilt shops ( if you don't spend money there they have to close the doors ) and on-line. Personally I try to buy at least one item in each store I visit. Sometimes $2.00 but at least I make the effort.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
I once went to a shop listed on the GPS yellow pages... what a surprise... its was fabric underwear for men who dress as women. I learned to call and ask what types of fabric they sell.
Bet you could have lived without ever knowing that this was out there!! LOL