Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt show and shopping >

Quilt show and shopping

Quilt show and shopping

Old 03-16-2014, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
I'm going on a shop hop trip to Denver in several weeks and noticed when I was looking up quilt shops that some of them had closed. Many new shops had opened though. What my friend and I do is call the shops we have found on-line to see if they are still open. Sorry you had such a bad experience. I love going to new shops to see what fun fabrics they carry that aren't available in my area.
I live just outside Denver. We have many quilt shops with fantastic choices, also the Denver Fabric is the largest supplier in the area and has just about anything you can imagine. Google quilt shops in Denver area and that should give you the locations and help you out.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:17 AM

Sandy, Thanks for the information. I was only looking for one pattern that I saw a made up version of at the Expo in Hunt Valley, MD last weekend. The vendor was displaying the quilt but only had a kit that they wanted $75 for. I have more than enough fabric I just wanted the pattern. I was unable to find it at the Lancaster Show. I live in Maryland just below the PA line south of Hanover, PA. I do most of my shopping in Hanover. My husband is 73 and was being very gracious about taking me to quilt shops. It didn't improve his mood when we kept driving in all directions only to find the shops gone.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

It seems like the lessons to be learned from this saga is to call before leaving to make sure the shops are still open.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:46 AM
ro
Banned

try this website you put in the zip code, hit tab top right corner for quilt shops. as mentioned earlier, i believe in checking out the websites or calling to see if closed.

also not mentioned is martins, in lebanon. great fabric 3.79 flat fold and not old fabric such as sauders and zooks.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:47 AM
ro
Banned

sorry about that: http://www.fonsandporter.com/quiltshopapp.html
Old 03-16-2014, 07:57 AM

I travel a lot and am always seeking out new quilt shops. I find that the on-line sources are not the most reliable. I check the phone books in the hotels as they are usually current and then call to business. I have found some wonderful shops along the way.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:05 AM

That is really a shame. Hopefully your find at the end help make up for some of the disappointment.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:29 AM

Sandy, my daughter lives in Statesville and I would love to know the dates and location of the AQS quilt show.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:25 AM

Well I'm not able to do travel like you do but after reading what you went through i'm sure that you have helped so many in the future. When I go to a different town I get on the PC and type what state i'm goint to and then look up the store there will be their number and i call before I go. You would be surprised how many don't exist right where you live that says they do. I'm so sorry you trip was not a nice experience but your story will help alot of quilters. thank you ladyredhawk
Old 03-16-2014, 11:11 AM

Re pounder...if the chalk dust is blue..be careful. Maybe difficult to remove....just heard from others.......