Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt Stores in Colorado

Quilt Stores in Colorado

I will be making a trip to the Englewood area of Denver, Colorado, in a few weeks. I'll also be driving through Colorado Springs. Are there any quilt stores I must see?

Thanks!
    Michelle

As a fan of Harriet Hargrave, I would make a point of visiting her store:

Harriet’s Treadle Arts
    6390 W. 44th Avenue
    Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
    Phone: 303/424-2742

I think it is in the Denver area.

Cheers, K

I know there's Lady Bug Hill Quilts and another sewing store in the Springs. I don't know what the current address is for Lady Bug Hill since they moved since the last time I was there. If you're going to be north of Denver there are terrific quilt stores in Longmont, Loveland, Ft. Collins and Windsor.

There is Creative Needle, Holly's Cabin and Fabric Expressions that I know of in Denver. All fun to see and browse. Creative Needle sponsors lots of the quilting shows. Have a great time.
    Jo

Just what I need to know, too! I'm coming to the US at the end of May, to stay with a friend in Boulder, and quilt shops are high on my list (to the despair of my non-quilting friends!) . I was just thinking that I needed to ask this question on the board before I go.

Quote Originally Posted by annesthreads View Post
    Just what I need to know, too! I'm coming to the US at the end of May, to stay with a friend in Boulder, and quilt shops are high on my list (to the despair of my non-quilting friends!) . I was just thinking that I needed to ask this question on the board before I go.
    One of my favorite is in Lyons, CO which is just north of Boulder. I don't know the name of it but Lyons is very small and it is on main street so you can't miss it. They have lots of fabric. It is quite a drive for me, but I try to get there every few months. Have a nice visit to Boulder.

Quote Originally Posted by echoemb View Post
    One of my favorite is in Lyons, CO which is just north of Boulder. I don't know the name of it but Lyons is very small and it is on main street so you can't miss it. They have lots of fabric. It is quite a drive for me, but I try to get there every few months. Have a nice visit to Boulder.
    Thankyou! I'm really looking forward to it - over 10 years since my last visit.

Born Nashville, TN - currently in Newbern, TN
    I used to live in Colorado Springs before I moved back to Tennessee in 2009. So, it's been awhile since I visited this store, but I loved the selection. You have to check out Mill Outlet Fabric Shop on Prospect St in Colorado Springs. This is a huge store with so much selection. But be warned it not only has lots to choose from in quilting fabrics, but just about any other type of fabric you can think of. The people were very nice the last time I visited and allowed me to put my business cards on their display boards at the entrances to the store (there are two!). You'll be able to find fabric, embellishments, books, batting, etc. The prices on the quilt fabrics seem to average about $8/yd if I remember right, but they do have sales. Here's a link for their hours - http://www.milloutletfabric.com/
    If you're like me and love all kinds of fabric and do all kinds of sewing, you also might want to visit Timberline Foam and Fabric at 3200 N Stone Ave, which is just around the corner from Mill Outlet. They have lots of fabric to choose from and foam too, if you do light upholstery like I do. And if you like older issues of quilting magazines, I used to rack up at the Goodwill north of town near Chapel Hills mall (off N Academy at 1070 Kelly Johnson Boulevard) which would be on your way out of town headed to Denver. Just be careful traveling thru the Springs, though, as crime was on its way up when we left in 2009. I miss the thrift shops and yard sales - I was always finding stuff to feed my sewing habit, but Tennessee called me home and I had to go. I've found a few here if anyone ever needs help in West TN. Happy shopping!
    Peggy Munday
    Affordable Creations
    http://peggymunday.blogspot.com/

I went to one this summer that was just down the street from The Old Capitol Grill in Golden. http://www.oldcapitolgrill.com/ DD works there, stop in and say PQ sent you! I wish I had thought to ask here before I went but I really was there to see my 5 week old granddaughter. Had to get some fabric though.

piney

Peggymunday is correct about the Mill Outlet--HUGE store, HUGE selection! The Lady Bug Hill Quilts store is still here. There is also High Country Quilts on N. Academy. Not sure of others in the area.

Northern Colorado Quilt Stores; Fort Collins/Figleaf; Windsor/Quilters Stash; Loveland/Sweetheart Quilt Shop; Lyons/Quilting Hands. . . . I should know. . . .left lots of money in all of them. LOL

If you get up north all of the ones DACO48 mentioned are awsome and Berthoud now has one. It is called The Laughing Ladies Quilt shop. It is very nice too! 1 block north of 4th and Mountain.

Didn't know about the one in Berthoud, used to visit the old shop that closed. Thanks for another new Haunt!!

Blog Entries
    In Englewood right on Broadway there is a GREAT shop called
    Wooden Spools.

They buy fabric (by the pound) and sell chain store fabrics
    (such as Joann's and Hobby Lobby) for $1.99 yard, quilt shop
    quality for $5.00 a yard. It is mostly previously owned fabrics
    that may or may not have been pre-washed.

Only sad thing is most of the time there may not be as much
    as you want to buy.

I buy LOTS of fabric from them.

Here is a link to their website if you want to check them out.

Wooden Spool
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Just south of Colorado Springs in Canon City is the Creative Cloth Closet. Denise the owner is wonderful. She has tons of batiks and loads of Go Cutter dies. Her shop is right there on main st.

After having just moved to the Denver suburbs, my favorites are 'Holly's Quilt Cabin' in Centennial and 'The Quilt Store' on Lowell in Broomfield, and 'High Prairie Quilts' in Parker. Enjoy!!!
    Lorie Astwood

Those who laugh last!

Bernina 830 Record, Memorycraft 5000, TinLizzie18 ESP Ltd.; Brother Innovis NQ1400E, Janome 640D Serger

I would do various member searches on here using Englewood, Denver, Castle Rock, Littleton, Highlands Ranch, Aurora as part of your search and ask them through a "PM" for shops in their area. It seems several of the ones suggested here are far north of Englewood (I lived there 20 years ago and know they are far from Englewood). I used to go to Denver Fabrics but it was in the northern end also. I'm sure all of the places I went to are gone or moved. I'd also "goggle" it and that will give you a good starting spot.

Good luck and have fun.
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

Thank you all so much for the information! I'm so excited to see Colorado and go to quilt shops too! haha

I doubt we'll be going north of Denver as we'll be staying in Englewood, but I will definitely swing by as many shops mentioned as I can!

Thanks again!
    Michelle

Welcome to Colorado Springs! The 4 LQS I visit regularly are:
    (1) Lady Bug Quilts
    955 E. Fillmore St.
    Colorado Springs, CO 80907
    719-593-5949
    (2) High Country Quilts
    4771 N. Academy Blvd.
    Colorado Springs, CO 80918
    719-203-7201
    (3) NaLa's Quilt Shoppe
    117 S. Main St.
    Fountain, CO 80817 (basicallly next door to Colorado Springs)
    719-382-6252
    (4) Ruth's Stitchery
    4440 Austin Bluffs Parkway
    Colorado Springs, CO 80918
    719-623-6782

You can MapQuest these for driving directions.

Hope you enjoy visiting Colorado Springs and our quilt shops!
    Where has quilting been all of my life?