Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilter's Club of America >

Quilter's Club of America

Quilter's Club of America

Old 02-23-2011, 05:44 PM

Does anyone belong to Quilter's Club of America? It is advertised regularly in Fons & Porter magazines. It doesn't sound too expensive and has a number of free items. I have been wondering about it for a couple of years now. So far I have decided to spend my money on quilting. So I was just wondering if anyone has joined and if they think it is valuable. I really like what I find here and don't know if QCA would be worth it. Thanks for any input.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Cyn

I joined last Feb and while it wasn't a negative experience, it was not worth my money. I did not extend it. I get more and better info on this board :)
Old 02-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Power Poster

I am wondering too!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cyn
I joined last Feb and while it wasn't a negative experience, it was not worth my money. I did not extend it. I get more and better info on this board :)
Thanks for your very quick reply. :) I kinda thought would be the case. I don't think I will join. I'm not renewing my Fons & Porter either. I just got my first mag. of my two year subscription so I have many coming yet. I like it, but it doesn't have enough projects of the type I wish to do. I really like the people and info here and have learned a lot so I'm content. :)
Old 02-23-2011, 05:54 PM

I joined it about 3 yrs. ago. While I'm not sorry I joined at the time, I just decided not to re-up. It's just changed too much, and I don't think it's worth it anymore. Liz Porter isn't on it anymore. I always have trouble getting on, and I just don't find it as interesting, too much hassle.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:02 PM

I am currently a member, both have positives and negatives. I find it doesn't have as much going on as this one. The website changed about six months ago, I don't think it is user friendly at all now. Still deciding whether or not I will renew.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:39 PM

I'm currently a member. You don't get much for $40.00 per year. I won't renew.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:50 PM

Hi,
I have been a member for 3 years. I feel it is well worth the money. You can watch shows from many wonderful quilters. complete series from Fons and Porter, Kay Woods and many more. The Jo-Anns 10% discount card saves me more than than the cost of membership. Once you figure out how to get around the site I think you will learn a lot.
Lorraine
Old 02-23-2011, 07:05 PM

I have been a member for 9 months.I don't plan on renewing.I don't feel like it's worth the money.I love this site and have learned so much.to me this site is real.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:22 PM

I was a member for three years, but didn't renew this last time. There are TONS of videos on the site, so those alone are worth the cost of the program if you're learning.

And like cakes quilts says, if you shop at Joann Fabrics, the 10% discount will easily recoup the expense in a year. Plus, you get a subscription to Easy Quilts print and digital issues.

I watched a lot of videos and I liked the Easy Quilts and the money I spent was well worth it - I would recommend it to anyone who wants to watch quilting videos.

But, navigating that site is a nightmare. There is no logic to it. It logs you out if you click from one member area to another so that you have to log back in again. The last time I did renew, the site sent me in a giant circle - round and round with the darn thing logging me out every time I tried to get to the next step in the renewal. Ugh!

I'm not trying to talk you out of it - on the contrary, I think it's GREAT for the content! Just be aware that it's no piece of cake to get around. Learn how to get where you want to go from your dashboard.