Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilter Club of America question

I've been getting mail to join the "Quilters Club of America"
    They boast "$770 worth of benefits" "Free Gifts" etc.

Has anyone joined and is it worth the $29.95 membership?

I don't know about this, but I'm interested in the responses you receive.

Linda

I joined when it was $39.95 so they have reduced the membership price. I was a member for a year and found the only place I used a discount was at JoAnn's for 10% off and then most of the time my local store would refuse it saying I had already used my coupons, or that the item was excluded or on sale. I didn't get that much good out of it so I didn't join for the second year. I have also not renewed any magazine subscriptions except McCalls Quick Quilts and I took advantage of a 2-for-1 deal on that and a good friend split the cost with me ($10 each). There is just so much information available on this board and online that I do not intend to spend my money for QCA or magazines. But that's just me.

Blog Entries
    I joined year before last and have not renewed. This board is free and has all the ideas and helps to last me 10 lifetimes:)

Blog Entries
    I've been wondering about that too. I just got another offer and was really thinking about it but tossed it anyway. Now I am glad that I did.

Blog Entries
    I joined the first year for $49.95. I got nothing from it so I did not renew. At the time we were on dial-up and it was so slow. You did get free access to QNN and Quilt Out Loud. I never got to watch an episode because our internet provider would time me out after about 5 min.

I already tossed my envelope without opening it....I questioned myself after I did it...but money is tight. Now, I'm happy I did it.

Blog Entries
    I had it and let it lapse. Then I joined The Quilt Show for less money and have gotten so much more out of it. Really great teachers, ideas, etc.

Blog Entries
    I joined the first year and then let my subscription lapse.
    To be fair, there may be more free things on their website now than then, but I find all I need for free on the net and here :D:D:D

I refused their offer. There's plenty of good things in this board.

Glad you asked the question. I just got that offer in the mail and was wondering if it was worth it. The input and information here is so helpfuld and it is free so in the trash goes mine. Thanks everyone for you input it was so helpful.

Moneys tight here, so I didnt even open the envelope either. Thank Goodness for this board!

I just joined. Money is really tight but I get no quilting shows here so decided to give it a try. I am enjoying watching the quilting shows a tremendous amount, but am still learning about the site, so I am not able to tell you at this point if I will renew or not. I am not sorry that I did it though. The quilting shows are worth it for me.