Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilter's Club America

Quilter's Club America

I keep seeing ads for this & wonder if it's worthwhile. Has anyone subscribed to it? And if so, how do you like it? I don't know why I'm even thinking about this since I have a gazillion books, magazines & patterns that I have yet to make... LOL! Thanks in advance for your help with this...
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    My SiL just joined- she is new to quilting and likes that she can watch videos, gets a free magazine - they also send out other magazines from time to time for free, she gets free digital magazines. So I guess it all depends on what you want/need. Plus don't you get 10% off every purchase at Joanns ?
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

I did it for awhile & liked it, but I can't spend all my time on the forums. Use iPad for posts here etc. But I can't get the iPad to post on it, I can only read it. I'm not hauling out the laptop just for that. I find I usually read & post in bed before I go to sleep.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

I joined last year for the first time. So far I really like the free qnntv the best. Of course I got some free magazines, and the 10% off at Joanns. To me it has paid for itsself. The books they sell aren't really cheap, normally I can find them on Amazon or softexpressions cheaper. Can't say that I've used any of their patterns either, but I have entered a lot of the contests, so far I've won 6 fat quarters. I'll be renewing my subscription.

I have been a member for two years. I joined when I started quilting. I am making the Mystery Quilt 6 with them. The instructions are posted on Friday. I am really enjoying what I have done on the quilt so far; but have not been able to get on the web site this morning. Hopefully, the site will be up later in the day. This is the first problem I have had with them. I will probably renew my subscription. I love the magazine and the 10% off at JoAnns, although I rarely ever shop there. I also enjoy the videos.

I had it for two years but just never had time to be on the computer long enough to watch much. I liked the Easy Quilt magazine but I can pick it up at Wal Mart. I have not missed it this year so don't think I will join again.

For me, it was a waste of money. My 'wireless' doesn't load fast enough to watch the videos from home, so I have to go elsewhere to watch them. The free patterns are all from fabric companies, which anyone can access.

QNN used to be free until Fons and Porter bought it.
    It is worth the money if you are new and need to see methods instead of reading them.
    They have so many videos you really need to have a lot of time to watch them.
    It is how I learned to quilt years ago.
    If you just go to the quilt in a day website you can watch El Burns videos for free. She is the best teacher for newbees.
    http://quiltinaday.com

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
    My SiL just joined- she is new to quilting and likes that she can watch videos, gets a free magazine - they also send out other magazines from time to time for free, she gets free digital magazines. So I guess it all depends on what you want/need. Plus don't you get 10% off every purchase at Joanns ?
    You can get a 10% discount card from JoAnn's if you belong to a guild...just ask the cashier or online.....but, if you have other % coupons off total of purchase, this 10% will not applicable.
    As far as QCA...I joined the first year it was out.....did not feel it was worth it. I can get the Easy Quilts mag at the store.....some of the videos available then were totally old...maybe they have updated or added to them now....just not interested in sending anymore money to places for things one can get for free if you search on the web.......

I subscribed just to qnntv last year and have really enjoyed/learned from all the videos as I'm a relative newbie to quilting. It was well worth the $24/year for me. Lately, however, the videos often pause midway through and I've become very frustrated....don't know if the cause is on my end or their's.

Good question. I am a new quilter and joined QCA a few days ago. I am just a basic member (non paying) and have been debating if I should do it. I figured the magazine and JoAnn's discount would be worth the yearly fee. The past two days the site has been down more than up and running and I am glad I didn't pay or I would be mad. I live way out in the country and still have dialup internet (yes DIALUP!! Egads!) so I can't watch the videos unless I go to town and use wifi on my ipad or laptop. Are the magazine and Joann discount alone worth it?

Since I am a newbie, and I learn way more by seeing rather than reading, I did join. I think being able to watch the videos has helped me quite a bite. Depending on how much you shop at Joann's, it can definitely pay for the cost of membership in what you save at Joann's. You also save 10% on all orders from Keepsake Quilting, if you shop there. Different people have different views; but I for one am glad I joined. I don't know that I will renew next year, but for sure this year; it's definitely helped this newbie.
    ​Krysti

My problem is that I don't like the on-line quilt magazines. If you want a pattern, you have to print it out, and I weigh the cost of ink and paper to just buying the magazine. I guess I'm cheap! lol

Blog Entries
    It wasn't as great as I thought it would be, I won't renew.