Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilters retreat >

Quilters retreat

Quilters retreat

Old 09-09-2010, 04:21 PM

I was thinking along the same lines. I cut out a pattern last night for something new.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:08 PM

Whatever you decide to work on, you'll have a blast! My first retreat I finished a wall quilt the first evening....the secret is to cut at home. There's usually so much going on that it's difficult to concentrate on the cutting out part.......Hard to know what the magic solution is.......take extra but don't expect to finish everything. The first retreat I went to I actually ran out of stuff to do......of course, then I just roamed and visited and learned! Enjoy!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 05:26 PM

Take something you are comfortable working on so you can work and chat at the same time. I usually cut all my pieces at home so all I have to do is put them together at the retreat. One year I took a roll of batting and sandwiched all my UFO's.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:39 AM

I like to take something to share. Last time I was able to find some silicone iron rests at Hancocks on clearance for only 25 cents. I bought enough to give everyone there one. This time I'm making pin cushions for everyone. But a plate of brownies or homemade cookies works just as well. One of the ladies brought a huge pail of small peaches off her own tree and they were wonderful. Another brought cake and strawberries.

I just LOVE retreats, can you tell? I go to a weekend painting retreat in the spring every year and have a blast there too.