Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting frames >

Quilting frames

Quilting frames

Old 06-28-2007, 06:13 PM

Thanks to everyone in on the search. Thank you June!!
The EasyQuilter was the one I was thinking of and am going to check it out further at the Sew & Quilt show on Saturday.
I wanted to add that although everyone has urged that I purchase a better quality quilt frame, this option is the only one I can afford right now. And I feel that it is better than just trying to work on a quilt through my regular machine.
I guess we'll see how it goes.
Thanks again everyone,
Bonnie
Old 07-02-2007, 05:45 PM
DJB

Hi, I just bought the Easy Quilter II this weekend at the show in Cincinnati. Haven't set it up yet. Wanting for my 2'x4' tabel to arrive, which will be tomorrow, yip eeeee.

Does anyone out there have one? How do you like it? I thought it was great becuase it let you quilt a larger area then what I have read about the more elaborate ones.

My husband is not impressed. As it turned out he planned on buying me one of the "Name Brand" frames for Christmas. Well the price was right and I liked the fact that you can sew up to 13" from front roll to back.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:43 PM

Please read the message/info I posted about the EasyQuilter. It is under the title 'EasyQuilter'.
Bonnie
Cincinnati, Ohio
Old 10-03-2007, 02:38 AM

I see your question was posted quite a while ago, but I just found it. It sounds like the frame you are talking about is a Grace. I just bought one with a Juki machine and have it almost put together. I haven't learned to use it yet and wish I could find better instructions for actually using it, but so far haven't. It is a very nice sturdy frame but takes up a lot of space. I bought the Baby Grace II and the Juki QE. Great pair.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:17 AM

I have a Hinterberg... I have not tried one of the others.. I do like mine alot.. Right now it is in storage because I do not have the room to set it up here. This is the link to where I purchased from...Good pics and information...

http://www.hinterberg.com/machine.htm
Old 04-19-2008, 12:16 PM

I just finished an Around the World Quilt by Eleanor Burns - king size for myself. My second quilt and I would like to tie it since there is no way it will fit in my sewing machine. My first quilt was a queen size and I put it on an old wooden frame from my MIL and it just didn't work the best, puckers, etc. There were hundreds of nails on it to hook the material and back then I think the biggest bed was a double, so it was way to small.

Does anyone have directions for a wooden frame for tying quilts so my DH can make one for me? 8)
Old 04-19-2008, 10:13 PM

Try www.joethequilter.com

He has a DVD that gives directions for making an old style frame to use for hand quilting or basting your quilt for machine quilting.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:19 AM

I'm fortunate to have a DH that plays with power tools, and this is the frame I want him to build for me:

http://mysite.verizon.net/rzsdad/index.html

I want a frame that looks like furniture instead of an airplane part, and one that will grow with me as I purchase different machines. I'm still looking for a rail system and a handle system I like, but it looks pretty doable.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:03 AM

I am looking for pros and cons on the John Flynn Quilting system.
I need something smaller (I lack floor space and funds to get a full size quilting system).
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks
cathy
Old 02-08-2009, 01:59 PM

Please send me the research that you found on the quilting frame.

Thanks,
Karen