Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Iron >

Quilting Iron

Quilting Iron

Old 01-24-2010, 10:08 AM

I use the Reliable V100... it's an awesome iron. If you saw me on the Quilt Out Loud episode at QNNTV I was using it.. and it's what I have in my studio. Email if you want more info.. I work with an engineer at the company and I"m going to have him on my show to chat about the iron. They are made differently than other irons, so they don't spit or leak! And they have great weight to them.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by PatSloan
I use the Reliable V100... it's an awesome iron. If you saw me on the Quilt Out Loud episode at QNNTV I was using it.. and it's what I have in my studio. Email if you want more info.. I work with an engineer at the company and I"m going to have him on my show to chat about the iron. They are made differently than other irons, so they don't spit or leak! And they have great weight to them.
Can you deactivate the auto shutoff feature on this iron?
Old 01-24-2010, 10:31 AM

you can deactivate the auto shutoff feature (so sweet for those that want to do that!).

I have all the info about it on my site, but not sure if I'm allowed to say that here.. I'm new to posting here and don't want to do the wrong thing!

it's really a great iron, i think the company is fabulous too.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by BeachBirdie
I don't think I'll ever buy another Rowenta...I've had nothing but problems with them leaking. Kohl's is always happy to exchange them for me. I've had this latest one for about 5 months now and it's already giving me problems. I don't know what I'll buy next though. I'm curious how many other people have problems with theirs.
What problems are you having? I know they say in the directions to not use only distilled water in them. Either tap water or half distilled and half tap or spring water. For some reason all distilled water will make it leak!
Old 01-24-2010, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
Originally Posted by BeachBirdie
I don't think I'll ever buy another Rowenta...I've had nothing but problems with them leaking. Kohl's is always happy to exchange them for me. I've had this latest one for about 5 months now and it's already giving me problems. I don't know what I'll buy next though. I'm curious how many other people have problems with theirs.
Every Rowenta iron I have - about 4 or 5 - has leaked. Definitely not worth the money as far as I'm concerned. I took a class where the instructor had one of the Rowentas that had the water tank and it was even worse than any of the other Rowenta irons I've had. I have a Black and Decker that I'm pleased enough with. It doesn't seem to get as hot as the Rowenta, but it doesn't leak, which I guess is more important to me. Not so much when I'm quilting, but when I switch over to pressing clothing.
Read your instruction booklet. It probably says to not use only distilled water, but tap water or half tap and half distilled if your water has lots of minerals in it or half distilled and half bottled spring water.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:21 AM

forgot to say the V100 has a filter in it for the water, very cool option
Old 01-24-2010, 01:23 PM

I have a couple of Rowentas and really like, my only problem with them is that I turn them up too high and keep burning my husband's gold shirts
Old 01-24-2010, 01:24 PM

I meant golf shirts not gold shirts, that would be weird if he had gold shirts
Old 01-24-2010, 04:57 PM

I bought the top-of-the line Rowenta some years ago. It always leaked, etc. Called the company....they told me to ship it to them to be repaired.....never heard a word from them...ever!! After hearing so many bad stories about leaking, I never even bothered them about it again. Just forget it!!
Old 01-24-2010, 08:16 PM

I have been thru 2 Rowentas, even sent one back cause it was under warranty. But it took weeks to get it back, and then it didn't last too much longer. While I was waiting for my Rowenta to be returned, I bought the GE $19.95 model at Walmart, with a 2 year warranty...it pooped out b4 2 years, so I took it back and got a new one. I have done this twice, and so far no problems at Walmart. I think I'll just stick with the "cheapy joes".

Sue (this is my first posting)