Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Quickly Magazine question ? >

Quilting Quickly Magazine question ?

Quilting Quickly Magazine question ?

Old 01-26-2013, 06:08 AM

I got mine at the local grocery store. When they advertise a new magazine it takes about 1 1/2 weeks before it is in the stores. I have ordered on line and then wait for it to come and in the mean time find it at the store where I could have saved on postage.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:20 AM

There were several magazine copies of this magazine at our local JoAnn's also.

Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
Got mine at Joanne's on Monday.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:29 AM

Found mine in a high-end grocery store in NY state. Since you live in WA, maybe Fred Meyer, QFC, or Bartell Drugs. Those places have great magazine choices and won't be overrun by quilters. You can order online from Missouri Quilt and I believe Jenny was going to sign a preset # of them.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by lclang View Post
What I want to know is why people are paying $10.00 for a MAGAZINE...Isn't that a bit steep??
They call it a "bookazine." More claptrap to get people to buy and justify the price. It is a MAGAZINE, period. I did buy it, though. To buy a magazine or book, there have to be at least three projects in it that I think I will do.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:48 AM

I got mine at Barnes and Noble. Right after reading about this here on QB, I ran right out and got a copy. I love all the MSQC you tube videos. The magazine does a nice coverage about the company and the quilts are the ones covered in the videos so I love having the hard copy directions. After I bought my magazine, I heard you can get a signed copy if you order from MSQC. This magazine is a keeper!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
They call it a "bookazine." More claptrap to get people to buy and justify the price. It is a MAGAZINE, period. I did buy it, though. To buy a magazine or book, there have to be at least three projects in it that I think I will do.
wow, another new word....bookazine......but I am searching for it - next I will try Meijer's-three towns over......about 20 miles.....oh well, sun is out, no snow forecasted so off I go.............
Old 01-26-2013, 07:22 AM

Bought mine at JoAnn's.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

I tried to buy the magazine from MSQC last week. I followed a link someone on here had put up and found I only got the online classes. They told me they don't sell magazines.
Guess I will have to look elsewhere.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:42 AM

That is odd, Jingle, I ordered mine from MSQC. I got a link in the newsletter from them. I haven't signed up for the classes on Craftsy but, have heard they are really good.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:44 AM

I ordered mine from Fons and Porter, and 2 days later I saw where it could be ordered from MSQC and signed by Jenny wish I could justify buying a second copy. Oh well, I will enjoy my copy there are a few projects I want to do.