Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Quickly Magazine question ? >

Quilting Quickly Magazine question ?

Quilting Quickly Magazine question ?

Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pollytink View Post
I downloaded the digital copy from Fons&Porter, $9.99. I like doing this....I can print out the pdf pages and look through it on my pc or laptop. Hard for me to get out and about to search for mags so digital works for me!
What a great idea! I may go digital will all my magazines. it would sure cut down on storage space.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:13 AM

I got mine at Books a Million. Someone else said they got it from Target.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:04 AM

Thanks everybody! I did find at local JoAnns but was not in the regular mag section. The mag rep happened to be there. She took me to another section of the store where she said she liked to keep all the QUILTING magazines. (there were other quilting mags in the regular mag section!! WHAT??) Soooo, if you can't find @ Joanns just ASK. They might be "hiding" them somewhere. lol ! Happy Hunting!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:07 AM

same here-when it arrived I read it cover to cover-very inspiring.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:19 AM

I love to quilt... and I really love all of Jenny's tutorials and I have made many of her quilts. but I don't quilt just to quilt quickly... I like to spend a little time with each quilt I make and enjoy the process, not just the end product. What do people do with allllll those queen size or even full size quilts..... I am amazed. I guess my budget isn't that great that I can invest in that many large quilts... just a thought.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by cherokeerose View Post
I ordered mine from Fons and Porter, and 2 days later I saw where it could be ordered from MSQC and signed by Jenny wish I could justify buying a second copy. Oh well, I will enjoy my copy there are a few projects I want to do.
LOL, my thoughts exactly, almost did it and then talked myself out of it, stern lecture telling myself I'm not a 5 yr old but 73 and time to grow up. But I love the magazine, want to do 90% of the projects. I thought her life story, or how she got into the busiess, was fascinating, worth the price of the magazine. But I always enjoy hearing how sewing/quilting stars became stars. So ofter by accident.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:26 AM

Ordered mine from MSQC and got an autographed copy from Jenny. She is only autographing so many, it may be too late, but I sure enjoy her and am happy to have it.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:48 AM

Both Joanne's and my local grocery store had it.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lclang View Post
What I want to know is why people are paying $10.00 for a MAGAZINE...Isn't that a bit steep??
There are 17 nice patterns in the magazine. That is .58 a pattern. I don't care if it is called Bookazine, Crapazine, or Goldazine. The value of what's inside compared to the cost is what is important to me for any quilt book or magazine.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:59 PM

I ordered mine from Missouri Star Quilt. I received it in three days and it is signed by Jenny Doan. You can go to the FonsandPorter.com/qq Website and view tutorials of the quilts in the magazine. The magazine will be published three or four times this year.