Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting suggestions please

Quilting suggestions please

Hello quilters! We have been working on a bunch of baby quilts lately! Our stash of I-Spy kits has certainly come in handy.

Now we are working on an EXTRA special quilt. Our oldest niece Lauren lived with us for almost a year while she evaluated a boyfriend. He didn't work out, but she did find an awesome young man back home and married him (Oops! That wedding quilt is still a WIP three years later). Now she is expecting our very first great niece! She and her whole family are huge LSU fans, but her husband is a die-hard UGA fan. We decided to have some fun and make a reversible quilt so they could fight about which side is the top.

We have a 16" Babylock quilter, but all I have ever done is pantographs. Both sides are the EB Trip Around the World pattern, and they are (sort of) the same size. Can someone suggest something that would enhance the concentricity (is that a word?) of this quilt that is easy enough for me to do without ruining the quilt? I could probably do feathers, but it just seems like there should be something else. Thanks for looking.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 426
Size:  1.53 MB
    Georgia side for Todd.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 347
Size:  1.31 MB
    LSU side for Lauren.

What about the fleur de lis in the 2 borders & the Georgia "G" in the center? It would continue the whole "who is better" theme you've been using.

wow! You're good. I couldn't think of anything at all. Your suggestion is very good.
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

You could really have fun by changing directions of the quilting in each "circle" as well as change the quilting design in each round. Alternate between curvy quilting and angular/straight line quilting. This is going to be a great quilt!

JT
    Because it is square blocks, I would do something that is opposite. I would do a panto of swirls or circles, edge to edge. Lining this up on a longarm is a pain, if you are trying to line up perfectly. Ask me how I know...LOL
    JT

I usually do straight lines. Sometimes simple things are the easiest. Good luck. Cute quilts.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort