Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilts for Sale? >

Quilts for Sale?

Quilts for Sale?

Old 08-09-2011, 04:41 AM

I have been trying to sell a few quilts for the same reason. We need some extra money for bills. and a window I broke and a couple of other items that have broken down. I have tried facebook/yardsellr and that was a flop got lots of nice comments but that was it. and I tried ebay but that was a flop also. I am seriously thinking of selling on a pay site. but don't want to pay if it doesn't sell. let me know if you find a good place to sell online.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:55 AM

This one is always at the top of the search rankings: http://www.quiltsforsale.ca/

Their commission seems reasonable enough, and they handle customers through Canada and the United States. I've noticed that quilts do seem to sell frequently there. Prices are all over the place, as some quilts are tied and some are custom quilted. What's nice is that you can search by size, color, or price. I've considered trying it myself, but just haven't gotten a "round tuit". :lol:
Old 08-09-2011, 05:10 AM

Try www.quiltdeal.com
There are quilts to buy/sell, sewing machines, books, etc. from people all over the world.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:31 AM

Keep us posted on how this works for you. I have wondered, too, how one might sell their quilts.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:37 AM

First of all, HUGS for having to sell your stuff that you've had. I've seen your work and it is great. You'll be able to sell it. Have you also tried at the various gatherings that are going on? Mendota days, Cornfest in DeKalb, etc? Perhaps you can get a table set up for those?

Loved reading about all the sites. I knew about Etsy but not all the others.

Best of luck and keep me informed.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:43 AM

Someone just told me about etsy.com as a place to sell handmade items. Check it out as I don't know any of the particulars or rules. Good Luck.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:33 AM

Have you tried your local fabric store...if you buy from one locally, then surely they would help you....I know that in the Amish country they have them on large rack of quilts for sale and even have a local quilter there during the day to show how she hand quilts...I personally think that you could hardly get paid for your time, but if you are in need of cash flow, then the hourly rate may be enough to help out...good luck and God help us all in the current world condition. memepeggy
Old 08-09-2011, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Candy Apple Quilts
This one is always at the top of the search rankings: http://www.quiltsforsale.ca/

Their commission seems reasonable enough, and they handle customers through Canada and the United States. I've noticed that quilts do seem to sell frequently there. Prices are all over the place, as some quilts are tied and some are custom quilted. What's nice is that you can search by size, color, or price. I've considered trying it myself, but just haven't gotten a "round tuit". :lol:
This looks good! thanks for posting.
Alicia
Old 08-09-2011, 07:20 AM

I saw something clever at my LQS. An elderly quilter I know, who needed a little extra cash took some large print fabric from her stash cut out motifs and added fusible to the back and sold theme packs at the shop. She sold about five or so in a zip top bag for about $10. The shop owner told me that she was selling as many as she could make. Now if she had a Go cutter she could have sold even more. The attraction is it is ready to go and affordable. Her costs were low as she was shopping her stash, and labor was minimal. Now your LQS may not let you do this but I am sure you could find a venue, Etsy, or Craigs list, maybe E-bay. Anyway it is just a thought.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:04 AM

I just posted quilt tops for sale and they were removed because we are only allowed to cover $6 per yard for the fabric in them. I was unaware of that stipulation so I won't be selling my tops on here.