Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilts for Sale? >

Quilts for Sale?

Quilts for Sale?

Old 08-10-2011, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by sewing4kix
Do any of you know of someone looking to buy or should I go ahead and list them here in the for sale section? Thanks for your opinions!
I would find a friend in a quilt guild or contact one online. Have a friend show them and show and tell and mention it is for sale. I am sure you will find a buyer.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:02 AM

Ok...I will post my pics here in this thread because we are talking about these three. I hope the pics don't get pulled or moved to another section...enjoy viewing them!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-239481.jpe   attachment-239482.jpe   attachment-239483.jpe  
Old 08-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Google Goddess

beautiful quilts

Ok...I will post my pics here in this thread because we are talking about these three. I hope the pics don't get pulled or moved to another section...enjoy viewing them!
Old 08-10-2011, 05:09 PM

The pinwheel is 45" x 51", the red labyrinth is 48" x 48", the purple prism is 47" x 47".
Old 08-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Administrator

Hi, I am wondering why no one is selling their quilts here on the forum? I have a few of my handmade quilts that I need to sell due to a family financial crisis and am wondering the best way to go about listing them. I've looked on Ebay and found many for sale but what they've sold for wouldn't even cover the cost of the materials used. Do any of you know of someone looking to buy or should I go ahead and list them here in the for sale section? Thanks for your opinions!
this is not really the best place to try selling things we've made.

we are a quilting board, not a commercial marketplace or selling site of any kind.

our Thrift Shop/Classifieds section has absolutely nothing to do with the reasons for which our community is here. it isn't at all part of our purpose or mission. the section exists solely as a place for us to sell or trade our leftovers and unwanted items. prices must be kept appropriately low.

i'm pleased to see that others have made so many good suggestions about proper places to offer quilts for sale. i hope you get many more. it's a topic of interest to any member who is ready to "go professional". :-)
Old 08-13-2011, 02:27 AM

Your quilts are beautiflu. I love the third one and now it is on my to do list. Thanks for sharing and I wish you well in your future quilt sales.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:37 AM

Try a consignment shop or a baby boutique. Also, Keepsake Quilting as well as other stores on the Fab Shop Hop sells quilts. Again, Good Luck!
Old 08-13-2011, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Hi, I am wondering why no one is selling their quilts here on the forum? I have a few of my handmade quilts that I need to sell due to a family financial crisis and am wondering the best way to go about listing them. I've looked on Ebay and found many for sale but what they've sold for wouldn't even cover the cost of the materials used. Do any of you know of someone looking to buy or should I go ahead and list them here in the for sale section? Thanks for your opinions!
this is not really the best place to try selling things we've made.

we are a quilting board, not a commercial marketplace or selling site of any kind.

our Thrift Shop/Classifieds section has absolutely nothing to do with the reasons for which our community is here. it isn't at all part of our purpose or mission. the section exists solely as a place for us to sell or trade our leftovers and unwanted items. prices must be kept appropriately low.

i'm pleased to see that others have made so many good suggestions about proper places to offer quilts for sale. i hope you get many more. it's a topic of interest to any member who is ready to "go professional". :-)
I posted this thread because I realize that every forum is different. I didn't want to list my items for sale here untill I had checked everything out. The reason I love this forum above all the others is the willingness of its members to give opinions and advise. I really appreciate the suggestions for all the different venues. I had no idea that most of them I had never heard of exist. I have decided to give Etsy a try as it is similar to Ebay where I am a seller. I also want to thank those of you who have PM me and for all of the well wishes sent my way. Times are hard right now but as long as my stash holds out I will continue to do cherity quilts and donations as this is what gives me the most pleasure.

I guess what I am saying is a simple thank you to all of you. You are a truely wonderful group of talented and caring people :)
Old 08-13-2011, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Sienna's GiGi
Your quilts are beautiflu. I love the third one and now it is on my to do list. Thanks for sharing and I wish you well in your future quilt sales.
The red one came from a pattern I bought from Keepsake Quilting. It's called Labrynth (sp). They offer the pattern only as well as the entire kit with all the fabric :)
Old 08-13-2011, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sienna's GiGi
The red one came from a pattern I bought from Keepsake Quilting. It's called Labrynth (sp). They offer the pattern only as well as the entire kit with all the fabric :)
Thank you! I will order it from them. I really like it.