Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rather unhappy with Janome Horizon footpedal >

Rather unhappy with Janome Horizon footpedal

Rather unhappy with Janome Horizon footpedal

Old 08-09-2011, 04:53 AM

About three years ago I took a class for free motion embroidery. The instructor had the class to use their left foot on the footpedal. She said this would cause us to be using the creative side of our brain. Anyway, I found that by
using the left foot I was not putting so much pressure on the footpedal and now with my Janome Horizon I find that the smaller pedal is taking some of the stress off my knee. It does move around some because of the light weight. I have heard of women going to their car and getting a floor mat to set the pedal on and that it works very well.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by gaevren
Originally Posted by Raggiemom
That's the same one I have on my various Janomes, it does move around quite a bit too. You get used to it after a while.
I put mine on that rubber shelving stuff that keeps dishes from moving around. Works like a charm!
I too have the same one~ I use the shelf lining to keep it in place ~ I don"t mind it...
Old 08-09-2011, 05:49 AM

Regarding the chase of the foot pedal many are speaking of. I had the same problem with my Janome 6600 before I bought a small piece of rubber matting (flooring dept) in Home Depot. It stopped the little thing in its tracks.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:55 AM

I have the Horizon and use one of those rubbery computer mousepads under mine. Same size Janome has had for years with their machines, guess you are just too used to that Bernina. Nice to hear that a Bernina user really is loving the Horizon!! That will encourage others who cannot afford the higher priced machines.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:08 AM

Looks like my Janome foot pedal as well. It is just small! It didn't take long for me to get use to it.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:49 AM

I have one just like it and never even thought about the size. I have chased it around however. Velcro works on carpet to keep it from slipping and you can find non slip discs that go on furniture to keep it from slipping on a wood floor.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:25 AM

Thanks for this tip. I just added it to my Amazon wish list so I should be getting it for Christmas.
Originally Posted by annthreecats
For folks having trouble with slipping foot pedals, I have a neez-ez foot pedal holder that I bought from Nancy's Notions years ago. It works pretty well in holding the foot pedal where I need it and it relieves the stress on your knee.

Here's the link:

http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...z+foot+rest.do
Old 08-09-2011, 07:29 AM

I have two Janomes and have never used the foot pedal on either of them. I use the start/stop button. So much easier for me. You adjust your speed with the slider, so you go as fast or as slow as you need to. That's one of the best features of Janome, in my opinion.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:40 AM

Well isn't it just the cutest little thing. LOL It does take awhile to get used to. I purchased a foot rest from Nancy's Notions as it serves 2 purposes. 1, pedal doesn't move around and 2, I seem to have better pressure control (does that make sense ?). How about attaching a piece of thick plexiglass cut larger then the top of pedal. That will give you a bigger contact area. I did this on a foot pedal and it works great. I glued that rubber shelf liner on top of the plexiglass and the traction was just perfect. If I can get to the storage shed I will get it out and post pics. Just my thoughts on the matter.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:56 AM

The Bernina foot pedal is the one on the right, the larger/heavier one. I know, I have two Berninas. I too, fuss with these other brand foot pedals as they as so light and flimsy-ish. My old Singer has a nice heavyweight pedal, too. :thumbup: My Baby Lock is lightweight, but if I can get it to stay put, at least it does work. We're just used to quality materials and workmanship. :thumbup: