Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rather unhappy with Janome Horizon footpedal >

Rather unhappy with Janome Horizon footpedal

Rather unhappy with Janome Horizon footpedal

Old 08-11-2011, 04:55 PM

I have 2 berninas, one is an old 930 and the new 830, can't miss the pedals on those, I sew left footed because I used to use the right leg for the knee lifter bar thingyand I do sew barefooted, best there is I think one tap on the pedal and the neeedle goes up or down once , that is all on the new one , but I also have the old 221 replica and a tredle too, so I can't complain :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-11-2011, 06:33 PM

put one of those rubber jar opener thingy's under it to keep it from sliding and practice!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by granny_59
I have the machine for a week now and really love it. BUT the footpedal feels like a toy compared to my Bernina.......
I have shoesize 5 1/2 sew barefoot and hardly can get used to this small lightweight thing.

How about you? Maybe I contact Janome and ask whether a big heavy one is available!?
Granny
I am used to that small foot now and it doesn't worry me at all. See if the connection of your other foot will fit the Janome machine. you might be able to use the same one for both machines.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:25 AM

I have 3 Janomes and they all have this pedal. My sewing room is carpeted so I put stick-on velcro on the pedal. It sticks to the carpet and doesn't move. Works for me.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:18 AM

I have a Janome 10000 (10 year anniversary this month for that machine), and sew barefoot too, my size 10 feet and heavy gas pedalling gets that foot control moving, so I have become very adept at using two feet like tweezers to re positioning it. tried everything to keep it stable, except for the velcro strip. will try that today, great idea.
Originally Posted by pocoellie
Looks like the one for my big Elna, but I don't have a problem with it slipping, unfortunately I have carpet in my sewing room and I have about a 2" piece of the stiff part of sticky velcro and it doesn't go anyway, only problem is moving it. LOL