Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is it realistic price? >

Is it realistic price?

Is it realistic price?

Old 07-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Banned

Well I think like the others you need to find out more info. I would think that is a fair price if you get access to 7 instructors ...and a fair amount of knowledge.
IN my area....A small town in the middle of nowhere which happens to have a GREAT LQS ...we get instructors like Rosalie Dace..that cost was 350$ plus supplies and it is a color theory class...she has come two years in a row so far and her class is always full...and the students always say it was worth every penny. I can't/won't pay 350$ for a class.
We also had Judy Neimeyer (sp?) that class was around 500$ and it was sold out...plus you had to buy your own pattern and materials. You know how expensive her patterns are?....then all the material for PP?? I think that cost those people around 1000$ when all was said and done. The shop did provide lunch, beverages and snacks during the workshops....but the bottom line for me was 1000$ quilt?? I also do my own LAQ>....Most of those people don't do their own LAQ>.so then they have to pay for that on top of everything else..that is one expensive quilt! But every single one of those people in the sold out class were extremely happy they took the class and thought it was a great experience. So in the end I think it is more about the experiences we have than the $$ money we spend ....and in this case they got a beautiful quilt to remember that experience. IF you have the money to spare.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:30 AM

NO they will also have instructor for Ribbon Embroidery which i am not interested in no offence to the latter:)

Originally Posted by Charlee
Considering that they are not supplying anything other than the teachers, that seems incredibly expensive to me!
Are you really going to learn anything that you can't learn here or on You Tube?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:36 AM

no i wouldn't pay that.

you can buy dvds from top quilt artists for a lot cheaper then that and you could watch them over and over again perfecting the techniques.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:46 AM
QKO

The only thing that matters is if it is "worth the price" to YOU.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:46 AM

Too much...and aside from the money, you may have a hard time remembering all the information in a short time.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by k3n
ecently did a one day advanced FMQ workshop with around 7 other ladies given by Ferret who is an English award-winning quilter, (certainly in the same bracket as Sharon Schambers and co) and that cost me £32 which equates to $41 Australian... :-D
Wow! She's underselling herself at that price. Great deal for you though.
Ferret does amazing work
Old 07-28-2011, 08:30 AM

Thank you to all that took the time to respond to my query I won't be taking part in the work shop. QB and all of you ladies anf Gents are the best Instructors one will ever needs Have a great day and night to all
Capucine :):)
Old 07-29-2011, 03:16 AM

Around here several shops or guilds get together and share the costs of the instructor's travel and lodging which helps reduce the fees.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:18 AM

way too much-I am paying less than that for a 2 day stay at a hotel for a quilt event and that includes 3 meals a day!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by jmabby
How much is $450 {Australian) in US dollars?? I pay $175 for 3 days, 2 nights, all meals provided.
That is a great price! Maybe different areas affect the price? Nothing that good a price around here.

Not knowing the conversion of Austrialian $ to US I think it sounds like alot of $ for only 2 days.