Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
This is the reason.... >

This is the reason....

This is the reason....

Old 09-26-2011, 04:47 AM

Guilty as charged. BTW, I'm from Calif. and I have always "fixed dinner". Having moved from the west to Indiana, I'm still not used to dinner being lunch.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:56 AM

That is what I was just going to ask Supper is the last meal of the night? And dinner is lunch?

For me it is Lunch and Dinner
Old 09-26-2011, 05:03 AM

Now step away from the keyboard and go make a wall applique quilt to hang in from of you where your computer is depicting a laptop, a gal pushing away from the computer and title it Step Away From The Keyboard. :twisted:
Old 09-26-2011, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Becky Mc
That is what I was just going to ask Supper is the last meal of the night? And dinner is lunch?

For me it is Lunch and Dinner
Growing up in Maine it was breakfast, dinner and supper. Living here in the deep south it is breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Interesting how even in this country living in different parts of it how things are said and done.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by pipp5
why I never get anything finished!!! I had every intention this afternoon of finishing up the quilt I started last Sunday, then I hop on here just for a minute to see what's up.....4 hours later, I've yet to get to my sewing room, been skipping from one site to another, one blog to another, racking up more things on my ever growing to do list !!

Guess I haven't been a total mush mess this afternoon, did manage to get 2 loads of laundry done, sheets changed on the bed and dinner fixed.....but then where am I??? Right back here.....step away from the keyboard!!
Ohhhhh I do the same thing!!

:-D
Old 09-26-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by 19angel52
Oh I am right with you on that! I get up early "just to check emails" and an hour later, I haven't even opened up my emails....I've been reading blogs, THIS message board...and so on and so on.

No wonder we creative people never get a project finished in a "timely manner". :roll:
Definitely me too. If I get up at 5, 6 or 7a.m. the first thing I do is turn on my computer. Go down to the kitchen, get my coffee and back upstairs to plop. Today my plan was to get back to cutting and pieceing around my panels for my Christmas wallhanging and here it is after 10a.m. and I've had 3 cups of coffee, played with the dogs for a couple of minutes and my butt is right back in this chair. It's like if I stay away from here for 15 minutes and then come back, there is a lot more to read and see just on page 1. LOL
Old 09-26-2011, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
that's what timers are for! :)
when i take a break from what ever and get on the computeri set the kitchen timer for 45 minutes- my timer has a 1minute warning ding- when that one minute warning dings i finish what i am doing- shut down the computer- and go shut the timer off- now it's time to be doing what ever is next :)
What an excellent idea! But do you EVER find yourself not shutting down and reset the timer to give yourself an extra 15 minutes or 1/2 hour? See...I am afraid I would be guilty of doing that...thinking to myself...I'll give myself time to just check 1 or 2 more things and then screw up my self discipline...LOL.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:33 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

I need to finish my sewing room then I can finish up projects I work around the stuff now !LOL
Old 09-26-2011, 06:36 AM
Dkm

I noticed that you are online. LOL
Old 09-26-2011, 06:42 AM

oH YES, I TOTALLY AGREE.