Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Removing Clover Chaco Slim liner from Quilt >

Removing Clover Chaco Slim liner from Quilt

Removing Clover Chaco Slim liner from Quilt

Old 11-10-2011, 07:04 AM

I had (have) this same problem with a table runner and the markings never did come out even after several washings. Mine was the yellow chalk.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:38 AM

[QUOTE=judykay;4660998]I had (have) this same problem with a table runner and the markings never did come out even after several washings. Mine was the yellow chalk.[/QUOT

Ditto......
Old 11-10-2011, 01:57 PM

What ever you do don't heat-set it in any way, either the drier or a lot of indoor heat or the sun because heat will set it. I learned this in FMQ class - we had a big discussion about markers and the Chaco problem came up, several complaints.

GOOD LUCK - tell us what worked!!
Old 11-29-2011, 07:39 PM

Washing sure didn't help mine - first just rinsed in water - in the machine, then used OcyClean, vinegar - dabbing with a white rag, Clorox's version of Spray and Wash for colors, then washed in washer with Arm and Hammer detergent with OxyClean. It's better - but still there. Worst part is in the thread - off white thread is now BLUE! Will NOT use this product again!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:03 AM

I found this site while trying to find some help removing Clover yellow chaco lines from white quilt fabric. I had marked the centre of the block prior to embroidering a design. I sampled the yellow marks on other fabric and peroxide lightened it but Resolve (type of oxyclean) took it out completely. Are there warnings on the packaging not to use on the right side of fabric?? I have used this marker before but always on the wrong side and also for dressmaking.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:07 PM

I had the same problem as many of you, that is removing the blue Clover chico marker, and finally found the solution. I sprayed the marks with Shout, let them soak in that for a couple of hours, and then sponged them with a mild soap and cool (not hot) water. I was so grateful for the excellent results, as I had never spent so much time on a quilt in all of my 20 years of quilting, and was just sick when it looked like it might be ruined.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I had the same problem as many of you, that is removing the blue Clover chico marker, and finally found the solution. I sprayed the marks with Shout, let them soak in that for a couple of hours, and then sponged them with a mild soap and cool (not hot) water. I was so grateful for the excellent results, as I had never spent so much time on a quilt in all of my 20 years of quilting, and was just sick when it looked like it might be ruined.
thanks for sharing your solution!