Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
repeating a project? >

repeating a project?

repeating a project?

Old 05-13-2013, 05:46 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

LOL I know the feeling .. Made the daughter several placemats for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas; put their names on them in machine embroidery; now she wants them for all the holidays .. LOL So off I go to the LQS, hobbylobby or Wally to find the material or see if I have it in my stash. LOL Oh and she wants them in the same style, each one in the same fabric as each holiday, oh and Mom if you could embroider their names on them again !LOL
Old 05-13-2013, 06:03 AM

I have triplet grandaughters and when they were small I sewed dresses etc for them and by the time I got to the third one I was bored so now they get their own clothes and I quilt. when I make the same projects for them I have their favorite colours to do them in.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:12 AM

I completely agree!! I made a beautiful Advent Calendar for my three grandchildren last December and they love it. Very detailed with a village scene, trees, etc. Of course now my other granddaughter wants one and I have promised to sew her one for this year. She wants the same one but I cannot even think of making that one again. Oh, I love the outcome, but doing it all again will be a chore rather than enjoyment. I have another idea in mind that I think she will love also. Sure hope this idea works!!