Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Retreat was GREAT!!!

That sounds like a wonderful time. Wish we had something like that around St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by natalieg
    I got back from my first retreat on Sunday, almost a week ago and had a fabulous time! I will definitely be going to the next one (unless is it snowing)! It was held at a bed and breakfast lodge in the middle of nowhere. It only cost $130.00 for Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, and that included three meals a day and coffee, tea, cider, things like that. We went on Thursday afternoon and they only charged us $10 extra. For example: pork chops, homemade rolls, corn salad, fresh steamed cauliflower from the garden, fresh super moist baked potatoes from the garden, tossed greens from the garden, homemade chocolate cake.....and that was just one dinner!!! I love to eat almost as much as I love to sew, probably more!
    the lodge was awesome....sew anytime you want and as late or early as you want to! She is a quilter, awesome quilts hanging all over and on every bed!
    And, to top it all off, this is the first year the owners decided to have a drawing (the grand prize) and I won!!! The prize is free lodging and food the next quilt retreat! I can hardly wait!!!
    Sounds like a quilters dream come true. Where was this retreat held?

It was held in Medora, ND.

Oh, how do I wish this wasn't so far from me (Louisiana)! This retreat sounds like a real bargain!

Quote Originally Posted by natalieg
    It was held in Medora, ND.
    Did the facility plan the retreat or was it someone know to you?

Congrats on winning, glad you had such a good time and hope you get to go again.

Banned
    I really envy you having such a reasonably priced retreat in such great quarters.
    The retreat sponsored by one of my guilds is near $400 for the same length of time. The food is great and the accomodations are wonderful, but alot of us can no longer afford it.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I am glad you had a great time! I would like to go on a quilting retreat sometime.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
    I am glad you had a great time! I would like to go on a quilting retreat sometime.
    I don't know where in NH you are, but if you're near Newport you could consider joining the SooNipi Guild (meets 3rd Thursday of the month 10-2 at Sugar River Bank, Rte 10, Main Street, on the lower level).
    They have a retreat coming up in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
    Would you mind posting the name, phone number and web site of the Bed/Breakfast? It sounded so fun and relaxing of a time. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a thread for listing retreats and quilt shows?
    i was just thinking the same thing. sounds like a great vacation to me! :thumbup:

WOW, I wish there was a retreat like that closer to where I live. That price sounds perfect, not at all expensive. I'd pay that pretty quickly. I might even consider coming up to Montana and join you next year.

Power Poster
    Wow That sounds like a great time and to top it all off with a great prize. you are one lucky lady.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you had a wonderful time and for sure will be going back! Congrats on winning the grand prize :)

Wow! Sounds like you had a super retreat! I haven't been on one for several years and I want to go on one soon! What a prize. Enjoy! Did you get a lot done on the retreat? I found it so nice to be able to quilt and not worry about meals, laundry, etc!!!!

Congratulations on winning the grand prize. I'm so glad you had so much fun.

I LOVE to go to quilting retreats.
    I have gone twice.
    They offer them about twice a year and I would go every time but can't afford.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am glad you had a great time, and know you get stay another week end. God bless. Penny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2