Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotating projects

Are these your first points? Good job. Keep those blocks where you will someday finish them. The quilt will be beautiful.

I rotate all the time. Just get tired of working on something and then when I come back to it, I am so surprised I have that much done.

Blog Entries
    Love the fabric placement in that block. It' awesome. The quilt will be too.
    Yes, Im ADHD too. My husband equates me to a butterfly - flitting from one project to another, always with many projects going.

Oh wow, that one's gonna be loved!! Worth the effort!

LOVE IT!!!!

The block is beautiful and vibrant. I work on several things at once too usually. Then sometimes I will start one project and work on that until it's completed. I say whatever works for you is what you should do!

My concentration is a thing of the past so i work on my scrap quilts while i plan out my more difficult patterns etc. I still like to try new things it just takes me a bit longer.

I try not to have more than 1 or 2 projects going at once. I am now working on pinwheel blocks and pieces or spokes for dresden plate. I am using the same random stash fabric pieces so decided to cut them out at the same time. Working out pretty good.

I love that block, but if your not having fun I would switch. Like everyone else I have numerous WIPs but I have another reason. I don't want to get bogged down in the end product. It's all in the trip and not in the destination. With all the should dos in everyday life I want my quilting to be a "enjoying it now".

I do that all the time. It takes longer to finish any one project that way, but it keeps me interested. I find that when I get close to finishing something, I devote all my time to it until it's done. Someone also suggested setting a timer and working an hour at a time per project. I might try that too.

Love the bright colors!

Projects in my sewing room go around like a merry-go-round at times. They do eventually get finished.

I do it all the time. Same as you ... low boredom threshold. I rarely have a timetable in which to finish projects, so rotating works well for me.

I really like this, keep on going it will be beautiful when finished.

But it's beautiful! I love the fabrics! I am always working on at least 2 different projects so when I get bored with one, I can go work on the other. Sometimes I have to squeeze in some housework or errand running, too.

I love the colors and you are doing beautiful work! If you are getting bored of making those blocks, I'd put them away or to the side and work on something else for a while. I usually have more than one project going at once. Of course, I have a problem sometimes if I put it too far away of forgetting about it and not getting it done! :oops:

Blog Entries
    Your block is beautiful! I was having the same trouble as you. My husband was noticing all of the different things I was "making." He "put his foot down," and said there would be no more fabric bought until I actually finished something!
    My best answer was to just tell yourself every day what you are going to do in quilting today, then DO IT! Then at the end of a week, re-evaluate. Just keep doing it, and it will hopefully get you past this hump you have reached. It helped me.
    Mariah.

I love that block. It really wakes you up. Love the colors, too.

I love that block. It really wakes you up. Love the colors, too.

Blog Entries
    I seem to have solved my attention problem by working on 2 UFO's and a new project. It seems to work for me.

I think all quilters work on more than one project at a time. I don't think it has anything to do with ADD in most of us though. We just have so many quilts in our heads and can't wait to work on them. And we have all that fabric in our stash just waiting for us to do something with them; not to mention all the fabric in the fabric stores. I'm surprised that we ever finish anything.

Blog Entries
    love your Floral Avatar!
    Mariah.

Blog Entries
    Texas Sunshine, I love your floral block in you Avatar!
    Mariah.

Gal
    In the past I would just have one project on the go at a time, but since joining the QB I now have a few projects and I do rotate them a bit. I sit and hand piece in front of telly when I am not hand quilting and I cut out when I need a break from machining. I have about three or four projects on the go at this present time, I do not have too many or I think I would get too way ahead of my self.

Gal

Outstanding block! Please show us the quilt when you do finish it.
    I usually have a couple projects that I alternate my time between. Plus a quilt in the frame that I am hand quilting. Variety is the spice of life, so I've been told.

I just have to tell you what I did yesterday! Because I have so many projects, and I think I have a bit of adult ADD, I get distracted so easily. So I made a Word document and put all of my projects including those that need to be quilted in a large capital font, line by line, printed them out and folded them very tightly and put them in two little bags on my bulletin board. Now, I am committed to take one out and work on what is on that paper until it is finished. It may not be a project completion, but "make 5 blocks for the summer quilt" or "make two blocks for the stained glass quilt" or spend an hour cutting and sorting scraps. I think this will help me get focused and get some things finished before I start yet another project.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast