Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Rotating projects

Blog Entries
    It's gonna be great. I love the challenge of matching points. I think it makes me a better quilter.

Your block is beautiful - I wouldn't worry about how other people sew - as long as you can keep your projects organized - do what you want

The block you are showing is really eye popping! I like it!

What a gorgeous block! Just think about how much you will enjoy it when it's done! I get so obsessed with finishing things, I don't think rotating projects would work for me!

Put your sunglasses on and go for it! I love your colors.

Blog Entries
    But it's SO pretty! Keep going! :D

Hi pippa, I do not have a very low boredom threshold, I just keep on until it is finished IF other projects do not get in the way. I love your block: the pattern and fabric colors. As-a-matter-of-fact what fabric do you use? Sandi
    Quote Originally Posted by pippa
    I have a very low boredom threshold. I wondered if rotating my WIPs/UFOs would help me get something finished. I thought of doing one block for each of 5 projects then back to the first. Anyone done this? Does it sound feasible?

Below is one of the ones I am NOT enjoying working on!
    Pippa

Edited to add - 11 blocks done, 13 to go. It WILL get done eventually but I am not enjoying matching all those points.

I have a very low boredom threshold. I wondered if rotating my WIPs/UFOs would help me get something finished. I thought of doing one block for each of 5 projects then back to the first. Anyone done this? Does it sound feasible?

Pippa

Edited to add - 11 blocks done, 13 to go. It WILL get done eventually but I am not enjoying matching all those points.
    I get bored easily, too. Maybe an hour on this, then an hour on that.

My main trouble is that while I'm doing project A I think of a new project B. First thing you know I've got 6 or 8 started things and nothing done.

Pippa

Forgot to add--------I love the colors in this block

I have 2 full size quilt tops just waiting to be finished! Do you think I would get busy and do that, heck no! Out of nowhere, I have am now working on a King size quilt on my design wall. I don't have time to do this either. I have 6 gals coming over to work on making a quilt top completely on Saturday! I got to get my sr cleaned up! I am a mood quilter for sure!

I love the star!! The colors are gorgeous!!

Be sure to post pic when it is finished.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh, your block looks great! If you don't get everything to match perfectly, don't worry about it, unless, of course, you are planning to put it in a show. The minor misseams don't really matter to the person you are giving it to. They will just thank you for the lovely quilt.

I used to start a project then work on it until finished but now that I'm retired and quilt pretty much full time after the house chores, I'm finding that I like to have more projects going. No schedule, just do what I feel like doing that day.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4