Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rotating projects

Love your block! I have to have several projects going at one time or I get bored. I try to at least have either a hand quilting or applique in the works, a quilt to piece on one machine, and a quilt to FMQ on my other machine and one in the planning stage. I find I don't bored if I keep my projects staggered. :-D

Blog Entries
    I rotate all the time. Right now I'm working on a pinwheel quilt. I get bored with them quite quickly, so I work on PP at the same time.

I'm like you.Get bored easily.Do a bit of this,then a bit of that,but eventually get a lot finished at once.

Oh, boy do I do that. I just get so excited for the next new project. This quilt group has inspired me to finish some UFO's--unfinished objects.
    Robin in TX

i always have so many projects going, i have to work on them all at the same time, my sewing area has three or four piles of projects at any given time, so whatever i am in the mood for at that hour of sewing, i just pick that up...it seem to keep me going til they are done, i always want to clear a pile to start on the next project!!!!! gina

Ditto for me. Always have several projects going. Something I do that might help you finish a project you hate or just simple bored with...I usually cut all the pieces of my project first & this makes it easier to use a block I don't like as the "leader/ender" for the project I'm enjoying. I guess my attention is focused on the favored project & that makes the piecing on the other go faster. Before I know it I have all the blocks done.

I'm trying to learn to do "custom" quilting with my Tin Lizzie 18 - quilting a design specific to the quilt, not an edge to edge or panto. The process scares me even though I'm working on a charity quilt! So I have put the quilt on the frame and basted the sides and stared at it a lot. Then I go do something, anything, to feel productive! I've mended my neighbor's jodphurs, hemmed my new pants, made a pillow for a friend, pieced 84 blocks and placed them on my design wall (where I stare at them and try to find a setting that I can commit to)! I keep a list of the things that I have finished next to the list of UFOs. Sometimes I just do a bunch of little things, add them to the list and cross them off just so I can feel that I've done something!

I never do just one project at a time. To borrrrring for me. I usually have 4 going at a time. I will work on two using each as starters & enders for the blocks to save thread. Then I'll switch to the other two projects & do the same. Now & then I'll get one finished before the other so I just start another to go with it. I do love your block. Very bright & colorful. Those are my favorite to work on.

I like to do assembly line piecing if I can. I would not want to work on different quilts in the same sewing session because, for me, I would have to refocus and reset up each time.

Blog Entries
    I love those bright colors!! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Can't wait to see the rest of them all put together. Love the block and the color choices, WOW!

I suppose you could call what I do "rotating" but I think mine is just working on s number of projects at the same time.
    When I work on the QFK's kits it's so simple that I satisfy my "making something" need. While doing this, I generally have my design wall working trying to create something with the left over blocks from other projects....that is if I can remember just where I put those. (Note to self...work on organizing your sewing area!)

a regular here
    Striking colours, Keep at it .It will be wonderful on completion.

Sounds like it may be fun. Just make sure you remember what you are doing when changing projects. :)

Blog Entries
    You might not be enjoying matching the points but you are doing a great job.

Blog Entries
    that is really pretty thanks for sharing

Yes, rotate projects. I have a crocheted afghan in progress at my chair, 2 quilt tops by my sewing machines and a knitted project in another area - I not only switch projects, I also switch areas.

wow, what a good idea....i should put my cross stitch at another table, or the den to do when i need a break from all the quilting that i am doing....i usually put my cross stitch away while quilting...thanks for the good idea...gina

Tell me about the frabric, I love it!!!! Who makes it? :?:

Blog Entries
    I would enjoy working on that quilt that you are not. I use HST all the time. What is it that you don't like? The colors are stunning.

Yeah, I switch projects a lot, too. Except if I have a dealine like a birthday or Christmas. I've had two scrap quilts in progress for years now, and i don't consider them lost causes!

Blog Entries
    Rotating projects sounds like a great plan to me. I love the fabric that you are using for the star. The multiple colors really makes it pop.

Maybe we actually do our best work if we follow our bliss.

Blog Entries
    Love the colors in this project.

Love your block and I would be working on it to get it done because it is beautiful. I rotate if I get bored or tired of working on one but not in any certain order.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast